The horror: Resident Evil 6 demo hits Xbox Live

Tuesday, 3rd July 2012 14:41 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Capcom’s released a Resident Evil 6 demo to Live, but it’s only accessible if you bought Dragon’s Dogma.

To access the demo, go to Xbox Live Marketplace and redeem your code written on the back of the Dragon’s Dogma manual to begin the download.

You then need to start Dragon’s Dogma, “and awaiting you is our personal thank you in the form of early access to what we think is the best Resident Evil yet,” according to Capcom Europe’s blog.

The demo is exclusive to 360 for two months, and will launch on PS3 on September 3.

The Dragon’s Dogma promo was announced in February.

1. Moonwalker1982

I saw a video of the demo and it seems like they STILL haven’t fixed that ridiculous tearing issue. RE5 suffered from it too when you played the game at 1080p on 360, it was fine on 720. Jesus Capcom, fix this already.

2. StolenGlory

@1 Yeah, what a surprise.

Still, it doesn’t look as bad as tearing on the original Darksiders on the 360; it was so bad on that game that at times it felt like you were playing the thing in split-screen.

3. majicship

What’s the point in a demo if you make it ‘exclusive’? Therefore I shall make a point of avoiding this once it goes mainstream.

4. monkeygourmet

So the demo was already on the Dragons Dogma disc?

Im suprised someone didnt uncover that already…

Will give it a try when i get home, what im really waiting for is Spelunky on XBLA! Roll on Wednesday, my points are ready! :)

5. OrbitMonkey

So if I had bought Dragons Dogma for the PS3, I’d still have to wait till September for my demo? That seems a bit silly in terms of marketing :-/

Still this is why god invented YouTube.

6. Moonwalker1982

Did Darksiders had bad tearing? I don’t even recall that anymore, or was it fixed soon afterwards?

7. Aimless

@4 It’s not on the disc, you just access the download via the Dragon’s Dogma menu.

@6 V-sync was patched into the 360 version of Darksiders a little while after launch.

I’m sure you’ll be able to try out the RE6 demo by injecting it to a USB drive if you’re that invested. You should just buy Dragon’s Dogma, though, as it’s one of this generation’s best games.

8. manamana

I also didn’t encounter screen tearing on Darksiders. But the worst was Splinter Cell Double Agent on Xbox.

9. Hcw87

Ok, started up the game, spent 15 mins walking around like a turtle before i met my first quicktime zombie event. Died and have to do the entire section over again from the beginning. Absolute crap.

10. Ireland Michael

@9 Well hey, at least they’re keeping the experience authentic to the past titles, right?

Why people still waste money on this franchise is beyond me.

11. Hcw87

Oh, and zombies with guns.

12. OrbitMonkey

Zombies with Guns!! Take my money now!!

13. manamana

Where’s the horror? Really, from what I saw RE Revelations plays better …

14. AHA-Lambda

Let’s just say I’ve not heard good feedback from people who liked RE5.

I think that enough speaks volumes.