Renegade Ops among new free PS Plus games

Tuesday, 3rd July 2012 02:04 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sony has announced three new games headed to US PlayStation Plus members via its Instant Collection scheme.

As noted in a comment thread on the US PS Blog, the dozen games announced today are actually only the first half of Sony’s plans for July; expect a further content drop later in the month.

The new games to be added over the next two weeks are Gotham City Impostors; Renegade Ops; and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.

The new titles join InFamous 2; LittleBigPlanet 2; Ratchet & Clank All 4 One; Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine; Just Cause 2; Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light; Saints Row 2; Choplifter HD and Sideway New York, all of which are available to download for free, to keep for the entirety of your PS Plus membership.

Instant Collection is a new PS Plus initiative announced at E3 2012.

1. ejams

The gift that keeps on giving :D

2. Ireland Michael

Hey, Sideway New York! I’ve been planning to get that game for aaaaaaages!

3. OlderGamer

Loving Plus. I mean really really good.

4. silkvg247

Do the freebies change every month or become an amalgamated list that any new subscriber can get to?

5. Ireland Michael

@4 Resident Evil HD was free? Did I miss something?

6. silkvg247

Sorry, my edited comment has led to confusion.

I think I saw it on the EU store, aye.

I don’t faff on the ps3 for more than half hour so I’m likely just confused.

7. Ireland Michael

@4 Depends on the game. Most change every month, but some are “permanent” and can be redeemed no matter when you start your subscription.

8. DrDamn

Since the change most actually stay. There are X number of games and every N weeks 3 drop out and 3 new ones come in. I think the US has 12 games and changes are every 6 weeks, in the EU 10 games but changes are every 4 weeks. Something like that. As you say some of the games stick around a while – at least a year I think.

Hopefully the EU update includes JC2. Would like to revisit that.