GTA V shown in promotional video for gamescom

Saturday, 30th June 2012 15:51 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

It appears Grand Theft Auto V may show itself during gamescom in August, if a promotional video released by the show’s organizers on Thursday is any indication. While Take-Two is listed an an exhibitor for the event, Rockstar, specifically hasn’t been mentioned as attending as of yet. But the eyes don’t lie, and if you look at the video around the 1:50 mark, you can see it for yourself – just don’t blink. Whether new footage will be shown or not, or if it’s just a clip added for effect remains to be seen. We’ll send a mail and ask. Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Moonwalker1982

People on GTAforums.com have been going buckwild over this. But this video doesn’t say anything. Apparently during Gamespot’s E3 video they showed GTA V as well, it doesn’t mean a thing. GTA V is a game…E3 is all about gaming, it’s logical that they’d put V in the video.

However, the GC DID have Rockstar Games/ Take Two Interactive listed as being present and also where they were located. Plus recent tweets from Andrew Reiner and Andy from Game Informer are alittle odd. Out of the blue they say things like ‘To all the questions if we have GTA V on the cover, i cant/won’t say. While apparently normally he would simply say a simple ‘no!’ . Again though..doesn’t have to mean a thing. Rockstar sure knows how to get people excited….by not giving any info more months and months, damn.

If GTA V is at GC, it’s only going to be in the business center behind closed doors anyway. I’m going to GC in august for our own little gamesite and if V is there, we will make damn sure to check it out.

2. Yoshi

I think Gamescom just officially overtook E3 in the awesomeness rating XD

Wish I could go :(… 1 day :)

3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 True. Like I said though, it may be “a clip added for effect.” Never take anything as gospel until confirmed. If it is though, dear lord. It will be journalist pandemonium behind those doors. :D

4. Moonwalker1982

I just hope that visitors will not be going to GC just to see GTA V now. Not trying to be a mister know it all here. But Rockstar has never had a game of theirs playable or even shown to visitors on the normal showfloor at GC. Only behind closed doors for the gaming press.

5. OrbitMonkey

I wonder if this GTA is the one where Take Two disappear right up there arse?

6. Moonwalker1982

Not sure what you mean…

7. HauntaVirus

LOL…all those clips of the Just Dance games…I can’t this video seriously now.

8. CyberMarco

I wish I could go. :( Damn, there isn’t any particular game exhibition in Italy/Greece to attend!

9. Gigabomber

It doesn’t look very interesting anyway…

10. drewbles82

I think Rockstar dont need a games venue to show a new trailer or give details for the first time since the trailer. I think they will show something before, maybe loads of details released and then Gamescon will just be there to give a few more details, maybe playable etc.

11. Johnny Cullen

Just for a little context: Rockstar never has a public booth at the show, but it does have a presence in the business area alongside 2K as a whole Take Two booth (Rockstar one side, 2K the other).

*BUT*

It never shows its games to the press at the show. As far as I’m aware, it’s just retail partners. So if GTA V’s in Germany, it will more than likely be shown to retail than any press.

12. Moonwalker1982

A few years ago i was there with my brother, for our gamesite. The PR guy said Red Dead Redemption was being shown there, but only for ‘special press’ i guess that’s retail then? :(

13. ejams

Well we all know that if it’s retail partners, something is bound to slip up even after NDA’s especially for a game like GTA. Keep those eyes peeled and ears open children ;)

14. Anders

@11: I played GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony and GTA: Chinatown Wars behind closed doors with two Rockstar guys at GamesCom ’09, so they have shown games to the press there in the past.