Sony video shows off the new PlayStation Move Racing Wheel

Friday, 29th June 2012 21:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has posted a detailed preview of the latest PS Move peripheral: the PlayStation Move Racing Wheel. In the video below the break, Anton Mikhailov from SCEA’s Research and Development team goes in-depth with the peripheral’s tracking of PS Move, and how it offers “second-to-none mechanics,” when it comes to controlling your racing games. The Move Racing Wheel will be available this fall for $39.99 and will support titles such as LittleBigPlanet Karting, in addition titles such as Gran Turismo 5, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise, MotorStorm Apocalypse, and others.

1. sg1974

The most ridiculous peripheral I have ever seen. They’ll sell dozens.

2. Len

Have to agree, looks hilariously bad.

3. kevinw729

We understand that Sony missed the bus with the MOVE – we get it, and I think they should realize the fact and stop polishing!

Looking forward to how they will side step this mess with the PS4 – possibly they will keep on pushing the system as they do with camera system?

4. Lounds

cool idea, yet no games. I sold mine in Jan

5. roni1175

Two years late!!!!

6. diego-rbb-93

The thing is, if I actually want to have a good experience driving… Why the heel I would buy this instead a Wheel? Ok, the position for bikes its intelligence, but damn… 40 dollars? They are just missing the point.

This have no sense and the peripheral feels extremly weird…

7. Sam Clay

Is it just me, or is that the most hideous piece of hardware I’ve ever seen?

8. manamana

This is going to enter the history books of crazy perpherals.

9. Erthazus

@7, Move and everything with it is One Of The Most Hideous Piece Of Hardware in existence.

10. Froseidon

It was fine when the Wii did motion control but after that, Move and Kinect felt like gimmicks. Granted Move was apparently more precise at the expense of having a large bollock on the end of the remote. Kinect at least did something different but the voice recognition on it borderlines racism to some accents (much like Siri). Again, granted it can do multiple languages though.

I think they should just stop any attempt of motion control. I would much rather have a controller with two analogue sticks, a d-pad, buttons and triggers any day.

11. gomersoul

I’m actually strangely looking forward to this one. with the games that have been announced as compatible and future games that will possibly support (please f1 2012?!) I would choose this over buying a wheel because i don’t need a table to stand the wheel on or something to secure pedals with this thing. It will be far more acurate then the wii and kinect. mario kart was one of the best games for the wii, could lbp karting take it up another level? I know the peripheral looks ridiculous but it’s functionality is excellent