Blizzard has said new Diablo III purchasers will no longer be limited to Act One of the game, something noted in the latest patch for the RPG.
According to an explainatory post on its forums, Blizzard has noted the following temporary restrictions to new players who purchase the game online:
- No public game access for unverified digital purchasers.
- No auction house access (real-money or gold) for unverified digital purchasers.
- Unverified digital purchasers cannot trade items or drop items for other players to receive.
- Unverified digital purchasers are not able to chat in any public or game channels.
- Unverified digital purchasers cannot attach a custom message to friend requests, but they can send/accept friend requests, and play with their friends.
- Global Play is not available for unverified digital purchasers.
The restrictions are in place until Blizzard can verify players’ credit card information, which could take up to 72 hours.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.