Rumor – Half-Life 2: Episode 3 concept art leaked on Facebook

Wednesday, 27th June 2012 17:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ValveTime has posted what it claims are leaked shots of Half Life 2: Episode 3 concept art on its Facebook page. According to the claim: “For the avoidance of doubt, I just want to stress that we absolutely would not release these pictures if we didn’t know for a fact they were real. They absolutely are,” said a team member on the Steam forums. “Please just enjoy them as they are, and try not to look for conspiracies that aren’t there. I mean, it’s not like we’re doing it to attract traffic to our site. We know our server can’t cope with the load so we don’t want massive influxes of traffic like this. You may have noticed we’ve been offline since.” Valve has yet to respond to the claim. Hit up the link for a look.

1. BULArmy

Holy mother of cow! Even though they look totally unimpressive I must admit that something HL related is like the most important thing in the world.

2. Erthazus

son of the motherduck. I want this NAU! Half-Life + Snow = Oh yeah.

@1, bollocks, art is great.

3. mad1723

Well, hope this is the beginning of the flood of info for HL2:EP3, because I can’t bear it anymore. I wanna know what happens after that god damn EP2 ending!

4. Moonwalker1982

Jesus….screw Episode 3 man, that’s just an episode like ep 1 and 2. I want a full fledged new Half Life game with the length of HL2. The wait has been so ridiculously long already, come with a full game.

5. Specialist89

So this is why they canned it. They just spent too much time designing Alyx’s hats.

6. DSB

Really, I think Valve get far too little credit for finally shutting up.

If you want to see what happens when promises are made, join the Project Zomboid alpha fund. They keep promising updates within days that usually end up taking months, and all it does is turn people into angry twats who are constantly going “Are we there yet?!”.

This is the smart way to do it. Just shut up until you have it locked down. The people who hate the silence is nothing compared to the people who don’t want to wait for development to properly finish.

7. Specialist89

@6 I totally agree with you. I mean, Valve guys are genius when it comes to viral marketing, but they suck at timing.

You shouldn’t open your mouth until you have done most of the work and you’re ready to show something. That isn’t always a good marketing strategy, but, when it comes to showing BIG franchises loved by millions of people, you can’t afford to announce something if you’re still navigating the high seas.

Managing hype in the right way is crucial.

8. Lewis247

valve confirmed on the Steam forums that this is infact real art work. You should probably update!

They absolutely are.

I mean, it’s not like we’re doing it to attract traffic to our site. We know our server can’t cope with the load so we don’t want massive influxes of traffic like this. You may have noticed we’ve been offline since!”

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=31355733#post31355733