Halo 4 – 10 new weapons, 50 Spartan Ops levels

Wednesday, 27th June 2012 12:07 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Microsoft’s dropped a ton of new information on Halo 4 via the retailer-focused ExpertZone portal, including confirmation of new weapons and vehicles.

The game will contain 10 new weapons, and will provide Master Chief with a “true nemesis” for the first time.

Halo 4 will include 10 multiplayer maps at launch. The only two we know about right now are Wraparound and Warhouse. Others will be released as DLC.

In addition, the episodic Spartan Ops campaign will last 12 “incremental” hours and will get five missions a week for each 10-week “season”.

Two new vehicles will also be included.

You can see all the slides from the ExperPortal over on the Little English Halo Blog.

Halo 4 releases on November 6.

1. TheBlackHole

All of that is just awesome. Can’t wait. The series has had its ups and downs, and arguably never improved on the first (and best) installment, but man I do love Halo.

2. Hcw87

So Spartan Ops, do you have to buy a ”seasonal pass” to get all episodes, or are they all included in the game when you buy it?

3. TheBlackHole

Included in the game.

4. Moonwalker1982

I really enjoyed Halo but never was a huge fan. Absolutely didn’t like Halo 2, 3 or Reach that much. But after what they shown at E3, i’m stoked! I’m really looking forward to this game. This isn’t only looking to be a great Halo game, but also a great sci-fi game. I love the little details put in that jungle environment during E3. The new enemies look really cool as well and hell…even the multiplayer looks fun. And i was never a fan of that at all.

5. Maximum Payne

@4 What is about e3 demo ?
    I thought it was one of worst demo on e3.

6. Night Hunter

@3: Nope, only the first season.

7. OrbitMonkey

Say what you like about MS’s supposed lack of exclusives, they really have pulled out the stops on this. What it’s promising sounds fantastic and I firmly believe this will blow Blops2 out the water.

8. Gheritt White

I also loved Halo: CE and found 2, 3 and ODST to be lacking, but I thought Reach was a real, true return to form for the series.

9. polygem

i am a huge halo fan. i thought the halo 4 e3 presentation looked just awesome. the mp videos you can already find on youtube are also very good looking.
    that said. i do not like the business model and attitude of ms. never have, but y´know, they had halo and the better controller. xbl is great and all, especially xbla, but i don´t need all that online chatting when i play games. ms really do annoy me. the only reason i keep my 360 is for halo 4 and recently i started to think about selling it and skip halo 4. i am saying that as a huge halo fan. played them all on heroic and/or legendary.
    i just feel like it is time to move on and go on maybe with bungies destiny.
    i just hate ms for throwing ushers and other ugly faces at me every time i turn on my 360. then there are ads for cars and mc donalds too!
    it is disgusting.

10. TheBlackHole

@6 Link? Not trolling, just genuinely curious what they’ve said about it. I was of the impression it was all inclusive, for some reason.

11. Night Hunter

@10: Sorry, but I won’t dig around searching for the interview. Actually now thinking about it I think they said that at least the first season will be included, so could be more, but would that really make sense, I mean they want to make money, right.