Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC players complain of mouse and WASD issues

Wednesday, 27th June 2012 11:48 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Some players of the PC version of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, which released yesterday, are reporting that their mice don’t work with the game at all.

Other users are saying that they’re unable to use WASD for movement. A large thread is now up on the Ubi forum complaining about these and other issues – many related to resolution bugs and frame-rate. There’s also this on the Steam forums about the WASD problem.

“The team continues to work hard, improving the game experience, supporting the title and listening to the feedback,” said a community developer on the official forum.

1. ballz

ubifail at its best

2. Noodlemanny

Well PC gamers will always complain.

3. Kabby

Ubisoft ports are usually shit so they are right to do so.

4. JRNO

“Mouse control not recognized even after unplugging 360 Controller and Razer Nostromo.”
    “Sudden Framerate Drops on the first mission while standing still.”
    “Menus still display XBOX buttons without controller plugged in.”

What the hell? How in the world did this get past QA?
    Thank god I didn’t pick this up. Then again, I wasn’t that impressed by the Xbox MP beta either.

5. Talkar

I think that mouse and keyboard not working is an acceptable excuse to complain. I’ll bet you that if the controllers didn’t work on the consoles in this game, a lot of people there would complain to. This is as basic as it gets when it comes to what should work in a game.

6. OwnedWhenStoned

@4 They don’t seem to have QA for PC releases. The first month of release IS QA

7. Hunam

Users are reporting that menus aren’t saving settngs either.

Well, yeah, they will always moan when they spend £30 on a game that doesn’t appear to actually work. At all.

8. Andytizer

There are a lot of issues that are being reported with this PC port: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Ghost_Recon:_Future_Soldier

9. Maximum Payne

Its ok game, its meant to be played in coop.
    Zero problems.

10. Noodlemanny

I was just trolling. Trying to kick up a storm, obviously it didn’t work.

11. OwnedWhenStoned

Oh those forums are hilarious to read. They’ve basically released a completely unfinished game.

Some people pre ordered it 2 years ago too. Classic Ubisoft.

12. Docker Al

Anyone who has this already on console knows how utterly broken this garbage is. I’ve seen lag that breaks the 30 second mark. Check the official forums for the console version and you’ll see there are literally thousands of complaints.

13. DSB

And that’s how games get pirated.

14. Mizchief

Damn, I was going to call and try to get an exchange for the Xbox version since it seems little of nothing was done to make an actual PC version, but looks like that is a pile of crap too.

I guess I can try unplugging my Nostromo, why would I want to use my specialized keyboard to play a FPS in the first place?

I’m very disappointed, I picked up this game to try out my new gaming rig and haven’t played a FPS on PC in awhile.

I’ll get in touch with my brother-in-law that does class action lawsuits, this looks to be very easy case for him.

With any luck they did a shitty job on this game in order to work on the new Hitman, only ubisoft game I’ve every really liked.

If I released code this buggy at my company, I wouldn’t expect to have a job for very long.

15. Mizchief

Well here is another fun bit of fuel for this fire. Apparently the “recommend” Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver is discontinued and can’t be found at major retailers and I’ve only found a few places online that still have them.