SWTOR Update 1.3 – Allies launches today

Tuesday, 26th June 2012 15:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

In case you forgot, BioWare’s releasing Update 1.3 – Allies for SWTOR today. The update contains the Group Finder, Ranked Warzones, Legacy Character Perks, and Adaptive Gear. Load up your game client, and start patching now.

1. Talkar

There’s also an update here that details the new features

2. viralshag

I have been thoroughly enjoying the game recently. The server merges were by far the best choice they have made and the game is absolutely heaving with players on the new chosen servers. It really makes such a difference.

I hope that it will stay like this for the foreseeable future. If so I can see myself sticking around. Really looking forward to some of the stuff in 1.3 too. Augments and group finder… yes please!

3. Talkar

^1.2 was a great patch, 1.3 lets you appreciate that :D. The game still has really improved enourmusly over the last few months, and i hope it’ll continue to do that. It does still have some fairly significant bugs, but i guess since it is an MMORPG it is to be expected. I know i’ll be sticking around for a long long time :P

4. viralshag

Yeah, I would agree it has been improving. I have had my ups and downs with the game but I think it’s finally hitting its stride now. I really think more testing and about 6 more months development would have really helped when it launched.

Some of the legacy options being brought in are a huge help – especially for the increased XP in either PVP or PVE, that makes me want to roll even more alts. I hope they’re generous with the extra character slots :D

5. TMRNetShark

Once I get back from vacation… I’ll definitely start playing again.

6. Talkar

Absolutely. I hate that EA forced this out for the holiday release, instead of giving it 6 months more of intense development. But alas, it is starting to become really good in some of the places it was lacking :P I personally just maxed out the Flashpoint legacy perk, so i get 30% extra XP from flashpoints now, which is sweeeeet :D