Registrations for this year’s EVO World Finals have shattered previous records, with competitors from over 40 countries signing up for a slice of the annual event’s largest prize pool to date.
As detailed on Shoryuken, the 2012 EVO World Finals has the largest prize pool in the event’s history, thanks in part to contributions from patrons – including Capcom, which fronted the $25,000 Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition purse.
The top eight competitors in each event will score a slice of the pie; here’s the full break down of cash brackets.
- $25,000 Super Street Fighter IV, Arcade Edition 2012
- $23,000 Mortal Kombat 9
- $15,000 Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- $15,000 for Sega’s Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown event (BYOC event)
- $11,000 King of Fighters XIII
- $9,000 Street Fighter X Tekken
- $5,000 Soul Calibur V
Evo 2012 will be held July 6–8 at the Las Vegas Caesars Palace Hotel and Casino.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.