Rome 2: Total War announcement teased in PC mag

Monday, 25th June 2012 20:39 GMT By Debabrata Nath

The Creative Assembly’s next RTS game might well be Rome 2: Total War.

A teaser image showing the original Rome game along with a large “II” prominently features on the next month page of Australian PC gaming magazine PC PowerPlay, hinting we’re about to see a sequel to the popular RTS title, which released back in 2004.

The fact the studio’s set to make an appearance at the Rezzed show, which takes place in Brighton next month, further hints at a reveal.

The studio is also rumoured to be working on an next-gen Aliens title.

Thanks, CVG.

1. Yoshi

I hope it’s as good as the original it was so awesome :) The map size was perfect as well

2. Peetry

I literally just roared in delight, this has made my day. Yippee!

3. Erthazus

Oh yeah. :D Bring it!

4. roadkill

Damn it! I haven’t even played Shogun 2 yet.

5. deadstoned

Can’t wait! Loved Rome: Total War :) . The graphics back then were jaw dropping and the music is still some of my favorite in game music today =D . ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg Creative Assembly!

6. DSB

@1 Yeah, it’s gonna be really hard to outdo the original. That’s pretty much the perfect Total War game, and the ones that came after were anything but.

7. UuBuU

Meh, the original Rome was good, but to me it seemed like a big step down from Medieval TW. It was the start of the decline for the series as it went more and more mainstream.

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this though. Even the TW games I liked the least (Empire and Napoleon) were worth the money.

8. Sini

boooooooring id rather have new warhammer

9. GrimRita

I simply cant get excited about this until I play it. Personally, Shogun 2 was a dumbed down pile of shit, especially when compared to the depth of Empire.

Follow that by a pushed release with bull shots of dx11 graphics – which didnt ship with the launch title but came some 4 months after.

Either way, a Total War game, no matter if it IS Rome 2(as expected) is no longer a day #1 purchase for me.