Solitary screenshot released for Watch Dogs

Friday, 22nd June 2012 15:20 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A lone Watch Dogs screenshot has been released by Ubisoft, showing a city and people standing around. Have a look below. Thanks, D’toid.

1. diego-rbb-93

Destroying that beatiful screen… Only for releasing it for PS3/360.

I would really like this game as I only have PS3 and not a powerful PC… But porting the game will destroy that natural beauty, and I already expecting GTA V.

I would prefer to see this only in Next-gen, really. The same with Star Wars 1313.

2. Strandli

So who is responsible for the horrible image quality? I see a water VG247 watermark (With a cropped off logo).

3. OrbitMonkey

Beautiful… Just look at that license plate! The texture of that mans jumper!! The sunlight… Oh gosh the hazy sunlight!!! *games are art*

4. mad1723

Beautiful. Nice to see that they finally went for a next-gen engine with this one. Running on PC at E3 of course :) PS3 and 360, if they run this, will run it at a ridiculously low level of detail. Forget the nice weather effects, nice textures, cloth effects, everything will go down the drain for this to be playable on those creaky old consoles :)

Yes, I’m a PC elitist in case some of you guys didn’t get it. :D

5. Stephany Nunneley

@2 That is the resolution I was provided with, I added no extra textures to it, I never touched it, and I have no control over watermarks. Take it up with someone else. My hands are clean.

6. Strandli

@5 Not blaming anyone, I was genuinely curious if the image quality suffered because that’s how the original was provided, or some bad compression from VG247′s part. Not sure who edits the images for you guys, but that image is cropped.

Here is the image provided by Dtoid. Larger resolution, and the image isn’t cropped. http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/229969-look-upon-this-watch-dogs-screenshot-and-weep/wd-noscale.jpg

7. AyKKon

Is that…. Niko Bellic right there in the middle??? 0_0

8. Stephany Nunneley

@6 Thanks. I am just used to everyone jumping my ass for every tiny thing. I’ll cull it from them and source back, then.

9. Megatron

this looks like assassin creed in modern times the engine is also the same shit and they added some effect and shit to make it to look good.

10. Edo

Oh god…just what we needed…another one.

11. Megatron

Yeah you dumb fuck just praise their rehashed games.

12. Edo

Goodbye,nice meeting you…guys,who should do the honors?

13. G1GAHURTZ

Non-native English speakers often struggle with sarcasm.

He probably belongs to that group.

14. fearmonkey

@8 – Your awesome Stephany :)IF anyone jumps on ya, heck with them!

oh… and the screenshot is amazing, I want this game on a REAL next gen system so bad. my pc would need a CPU and maybe GPU upgrade to play it :(

15. B.E.S.O

1- Right click the picture
    2- Zoom in
    3- Nicko Bellic is standing there beside that taxi

16. jldoom

lmao!! that does look like Nicko! But man this game is looking real nice. Makes me want to build that dream PC more and more.