SWTOR – list of available servers for transfer updated

Thursday, 21st June 2012 20:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

BioWare has updated the list of SWTOR servers eligible for character transfers. Those wondering if their server has been deemed worthy, hit up the list here. BioWare will be offering free character transfers from select origin servers to pre-determined destination servers, and said servers and their corresponding destination servers “will be revealed on a regular, ongoing basis going forward.”

1. GrimRita

I wonder if this will be in their marketing BS – ‘fastest server mergers in MMO history for a triple A title’? Either way, its the right thing to do for those poor souls stuck on empty servers.

2. Talkar

You can also check the list out here: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20707-server-transfers-week-two
    The format is a lot more readable in my opintion. However, it doesn’t contain the 3 servers added today.

3. roadkill

Hmm.. out of curiosity, what happens if my character is on one of those servers and some day I decide to go back? Will I be alone on the server? Will my character be deleted? Not that I’m going back. No way in hell! But as I said I’m curious.

4. Hcw87

Most likely they will force-transfer anyone left behind in a few weeks(months?) time, as that’s the most logical thing to do. There’s no use having 4 heavily populated servers and 10 underpopulated ones.

Anyway, it feels great playing again now, kinda like it was around Release with lots of activity on every planet.

5. roadkill

Good to know. Thanks!

6. viralshag

@3, To be honest it’s not worth sticking around. I have shifted my chars I wanted to keep to Nightmare Lands (I think). Only yesterday I logged into my old server (Peragus) and I was the only one on the fleet at the time – and this was about 8/9pm.

Agree with #4, it’s been great the last week. Fleets are packed and the game feels like it did at launch. I’m having a lot of fun in there at the moment.