Resonance available now from Gemini Rue devs

Wednesday, 20th June 2012 00:33 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Award-winning adventure specialist Wadjet Eye Games has launched its latest title, Resonance. The plot pits four playable characters against the clock in a race to secure the work of a late particle physicist. It’s available in a boxed set or as a direct download, and if previous efforts like Gemini Rue and the Blackwell series are anything to go by, will probably prove ferociously entertaining. Check out a trailer through the break.

1. DSB

Hold your horses Brenna.

Wadjet Eye Games didn’t develop Resonance or Gemini Rue, they just published them. Resonance was developed by a guy called Vince Twelve, under the monicker Xii Games and Gemini Rue was done by Joshua Nuernberger.

Wadjet Eye Games is run by Dave Gilbert who made The Shivah and the Blackwell series.

Also, bought Resonance today. So far so good!

2. Golden

Any chance these are coming to the mac?

3. Ireland Michael

Never heard of these guys before now. Is their stuff any good, DSB?

That certainly looks interesting. I wish devs would port games like these to iOS more often – the format is perfect for these kinda titles.

4. DSB

I think they’re great. If you’re into the old school adventure games, you’d probably enjoy them. They’re not comedy games, but they’re completely true to form, and the puzzles are usually totally reasonable.

Blackwell has a really great story about death and how ghosts have a hard time accepting that they’re dead, so you have to explore the personal lives of these ghosts and learn how things happened. The first game is fairly difficult, and then the design kinda angles towards easier stuff.

The Shivah is a noir murder mystery starring a rabbi. That’s what got me hooked on Dave Gilberts stuff in the first place. Maybe because it reminds me of the Coen brothers.

Gemini Rue is a sci fi thriller that tries to push the envelope on things like fighting and death. It doesn’t really go futher than say, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, but it’s pretty good.

This is a pretty great site to get a closer look:

5. Ireland Michael

Yeah, I’m a fan or that site. Will check those links out.

I wasn’t expecting comedy stories, and the trailer makes it pretty clear that th story is its main focus. This are definitely right up my alley.

6. YoungZer0

@DSB: The thing that bothered me about the artstyle of Gemini Rue is the fact that the artist just roughly drew a background and then used a pixel-filter, instead of making it in the pixel-style from the get go. It’s just lazy, but the game is not bad though. Loved the Blade Runner-like atmosphere.

7. DSB

@6 I don’t know how lazy you can call one guy making his own game like that, but personally I really didn’t mind. Or notice it, for that matter.

It all comes down to the result, not the process imo.

But that being said, I think Gemini Rue is my least favourite. Still a worthwhile game though. Kinda reminds me of Beneath a Steel Sky.