Okami HD coming to JP, EU, US PSN with Move support

Tuesday, 19th June 2012 23:42 GMT By Brenna Hillier

It’s official: Okami HD is a thing, and a thing that’s going to get further than Japan, too.

In a post on the PS Blog, Capcom has confirmed an HD version of Okami is headed to the European and US PlayStation Network.

The remastered PS3 title will include support for PlayStation Move controls and trophies.

The US release hasn’t been priced, but the EU PS Blog suggests a £15.99/€19.99 price tier.

Andriasang reports Japan will receive a physical release but other territories are still to be confirmed.

Okami released in 2006 and was immediately lauded for its aesthetic and gameplay, but failed to sell strongly. It was followed by a DS sequel last year.

1. KAP

OMFG!!!!

Take all my money! Please!

2. Ireland Michael

Damn you Capcom. Must… resist…

But it’s Okami!

So conflicted! ;_;

3. DSB

Got it on PS2 and Wii :P

The unmastered edition really isn’t looking so pretty today.

4. dtyk

Oh dear god. Yes. Oh, dear, god. This game deserves better.

Imagine if they released this on Vita (of course they’ll prolly drop the ball on that though).

5. Ireland Michael

@3 I have to politely disagree. Upscaled on a PS2, I think it looks glorious.

6. RaisinBran

Does anyone notice that a lot of new fighters in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 are present in a game or movie where they are featured? Hawkeye (Avengers movie), Nemesis (Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City and Resident Evil 6), Dante (DmC), and now Okami (Okami HD remake). It’s like the new fighter are foreshadows/promotions for future projects. Heard it from me first, expect a new Viewtiful Joe soon ;D

7. Telepathic.Geometry

A new Viewtiful Joe? YES PLEASE!

8. dtyk

Oh, my fucking god.

english trailer, they have to put this on Vita… it just makes so much more sense

9. The_Deleted

Frikkin’ awesome!

10. Zana

Fantastic news! Okami is one of the best adventure games of all time.
    I just hope the end credits will be full, because it was the biggest shame of the Wii version.

11. mathare92

YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!
    YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!
    YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!
    YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!

—————-BEST EFFING GAME OF ALL TIME————————-

12. DrDamn

You mean on a FAT PS3? Completely agree – it looks fantastic using b/c.

13. Ireland Michael

@12 Well that was a shitty typo.

Yes, I meant on a PS3. it’s just so clear and bright, even with the lower resolution. It’s one of thos few games you can pop into the PS3 and boot up and it just totally pops out of the screen at you.

Makes me feel like this isn’t really necessary. I need more than a bunch of achievements to give me reason to buy a game for a second time – I don’t need my e-peen strokes *that* badly. The Move support sounds like a nice idea though….

14. ManuOtaku

I do also have it on PS2 and Wii, but i dont know if i need to buy it again the difference should be big, like ico / shadows big, if it is something like silent hill or others, then no, i will wait for the proper review.

15. YoungZer0

I might be in the minority here, but i stopped playing the game after 15 min. right after discovering that you couldn’t skip the dialogs and had to listen to the annoying sounds repeating themselves. I rather have a Navi tell me to listen.

16. Fin

Yep, this drove me mad about the original. Cutscene skip and dialog fast-forward in the HD version please.

17. OrbitMonkey

This is where the ps3 really outshines the shitbox, the near inexhaustible supply of upscaled crap you already played to death on the ps2….

*The future is repeats*

18. ManuOtaku

#17, i think they believe the myth that gamers suffer for short term memory.

19. freedoms_stain

Or, you know, they recognise that thanks to birth and ageing new people enter the games market every year and critical acclaim for a commercially ignored product can sell products to people who missed them the first time around as well as giving the nostalgic gamers who did enjoy the 1st game a chance to play it again on their High Def displays with out jaggies you can measure in centimetres.

20. OrbitMonkey

^ The term is “money for old rope” or in this case old rope that has been tarted up a bit.

21. freedoms_stain

And why is this a problem?

22. OrbitMonkey

It’s not a problem. If you like the rehashing off all your old favorites, good for you. I don’t. Hence the negatory comments.

23. DSB

@5 The game is still as good as ever, but whenever I try to play it on an HD television, half the screen just looks like a blur.

Resident Evil 4 (which I also got on PS2 and Wii) holds up a lot better in my opinion.

24. Ireland Michael

@23 Its not super sharp or anything, but the game looks so clean anyway that I just think it looks beautiful on a HDTV.

What are you playing through? PS2 or PS3? And with what kind of lead?

25. DSB

@24 It’s pretty much the same on PS2 and Wii. I’m using scart on one and just the plugs on the other.

26. Ireland Michael

@25 Well then of course it’s going to look like a blurry mess. I can barely handle looking at SCART anymore myself. I can’t wait to be able to play my Wii games on the Wii U.

I’m lucky enough to own a PS3 with backward compatibility, and let me tell you, the game looks phenomenal upscaled with a HDMI lead. It’s a little known fact that PS2 also support component cables, so try giving that a try. It makes a huuuuuge difference, especially if the game supports progressive scan.