Dishonored can be completed in 12 hours

Monday, 18th June 2012 04:03 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Arkane Studios estimates skilled players will be able to trot briskly through the entirety of Dishonored’s core campaign in as little as 12 hours.

“Play-style matters a lot. Very direct players will probably get through the game in 12 or 14 hours,” co-creative directors, Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio said in a Dishonored Q&A on the Bethesda Blog.

“Explorers who eavesdrop a lot will take twice as long.”

Arkane also detailed the use of mana – small amounts will regenerate, but players will need to use a potion called Piero’s Spiritual Remedy to refill after major spells – and said players will have access to the six major active powers and four passive enhancements.

“Plus there are 40 bone charms in the game that grant small supernatural perks. But no one can have all of these things in one playthrough,” the pair noted.

Dishonored is due in October on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Thanks, games.on.net.

1. roadkill

So it will take me twice as long. Nice. :)

2. Moonwalker1982

As little? I’m sorry but nowadays 12 hours is alot, these days a campaign of 5 hours is normal sadly enough.

3. Edo

Just the right amount of play time,not everything needs to be Skyrim long you know.

4. pukem0n

developers overestimate finishing times by 50% all the time, so better settle for about 7-8 hours.

for todays standards, thats still ok. sadly.

5. Moonwalker1982

I always find myself spending alot more time than what others say how long it took them. I explore more and try out alot of things.

6. Panda

#5

exactly, me too! Furthermore it really depends what they mean by the definition of skilled players…
    I am not untalented, but as i will play this for the first time, i guess that game will take me to complete at least 20 hours.

7. Panda

#4 and btw 50% of 12 hours are 6 hours =D

….Hope its not that short, like Homefront

8. Maximum Payne

Even if its short, it will have good replay value.

9. TheBlackHole

12-14 hours is perfectly fine for a single player experience.

Not every game is an epic RPG. Skyrim’s core campaign can be done in just as short a time (or less!).

10. Gheritt White

@ #5: Me three. I actually prefer 8 – 10 hour experiences, as that usually translates to 16 – 20 hours of gameplay for me, which (certain RPGs aside), is the perfect length, IMHO.

11. Froseidon

If that if I have spent £1 per hour on a game, it is good value. Be it through campaign, multiplayer, replay value etc. If I have managed to get 40 hours out of a game I have spent £40 on, then I feel my money has been spent well.

In this case, they basically say that I will 2 playthroughs, both of which may take around 12 hours (give or take some small leeway) meaning I will be willing to spend up to £25 on this :P Unless there is a good multiplayer in it.

12. DrDamn

If you are overstating by 50% the that refers to the original time. Overstating 8 hours by 50% = 12 hours. :)

13. Erthazus

When they say 10 or 12 hours you can cut that to half.

14. OrbitMonkey

I just hope it’s all killer not filler.