Blizzard: Diablo III EU servers have been stable since June 2

Sunday, 17th June 2012 23:16 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Blizzard believes it has finished stomping the European server issues raised during Diablo III’s troubled launch.

In a statement issued to Eurogamer, the publisher claimed to have provided a steady service for most of the month since Diablo III released.

“In the weeks following the game’s May 15 launch, we added hardware infrastructure to improve capacity, and during that time the game’s European servers were accessible and stable for the great majority of the time,” Blizzard said.

“Since June 2, players in Europe have been able to consistently access and play the game in their home region, though we occasionally perform routine maintenance from time to time. We are continuing to work around the clock to provide the best possible service and deliver a great gameplay experience for Diablo III players around the globe.”

Elsewhere in the statement, Blizzard gave some explanation for the service interruptions which generated plenty of ill will and bad press during the RPG’s launch window.

“As we announced previously, Diablo III represented the biggest PC-game launch in history and became the fastest-selling PC game of all time,” the publisher reminded us.

“However, as discussed in our earlier post-launch update, despite our very aggressive projections in terms of server infrastructure, Diablo III players initially experienced some difficulty logging in to the game due to the sheer number of people accessing our servers at the moment the game launched and at peak times.

Diablo III has been patched several times since launch, including a recent fix which should have eradicated the notorious error 37.

[image]

1. DSB

Sounds about right, but it was pretty shit before that.

2. Kabby

Or one could say that one month on most people are bored and the amount of people playing has dropped significantly.

This is where their IT team step in and say “See? Our preparations were fine”.

3. DSB

@2 I think you might have a point.

Diablo 3 was pretty good. The first time. The second time it was alright. The third time, oh boy. The fourth time… Fuck the fourth time, I think I’m just gonna be over here playing something else.

It’s a good game at its core, but the way they want you to play it is just completely fatiguing.

4. Erthazus

Yeah, they are good right now.

About the game i want to say that it’s not a sequel. It’s just a remake of Diablo II to be honest. There is absolutely nothing new, you even kill previous bosses from Diablo II like Zolten Kulle and roleplaying system is dumbed down compared to the original. There are no new locations except for the last Act.

and it’s short. Short as hell (I can finish this game in 2 hours without exploring which i already did for the achievement or 15 hours exploring everything and reading/listening all the stuff there). I finished Inferno already with 3 classes.
    I want to say that i’m disapointed but at the same time i’m just a sucker for Diablo games.

5. Giskard

The shortness is not the issue. It’s just dull. Act 1 is extremely slow and too easy, on all playthroughs. Act 2 is a pain in the ass for melee characters with the flies, and in general not enjoyable. Act 3 is fine and Act 4 is too short.

All in all, after having almost finished it on my barb (Farming some Act 4 inferno before I go face off with Diablo), it’s a mediocre game, and I’ll be jumping onto Torchlight 2 the second it launches.

6. Erthazus

I’m probably the only one in the world who likes the Second Act nd does not like a third act full of corridors and meat.

But yeah, flies are annoying as hell.

7. roadkill

Also Krater is out. :))

8. revolting

@6 You’re not. Apart from the flies, I really like act 2.

9. GwynbleiddiuM

@6 Yo Earth I like the act II more than others it’s great, I also found a way to play Diablo 3 again, I’m using a VPN which works at the moment finished act 2 nightmare on my wizard and act I hell on my barb, after such a long absence. Will play more once I 85ed my new paladin in wow. :D

@4 Act I is slow yeah but it gets better before butcher. And Act II is great only thing is melees are at great disadvantage all the time. Especially against elites, champions, etc. it’s easy to find yourself trapped between them. Wasps are so annoying yeah, especially elite, champion ones they only do everything. And I think everyone of us will jump to Torchlight II cause we all love RPGs.

10. BULArmy

For me Blizz did it right. Most of the time I am a person that get bored by the games even before finishing them let alone playing then repeatedly or put a lot of hours into them.(the original Witcher, Mafia, BF, TF2, Diablo 2 and a few more ae some of the exceptions)
    But now I am 80+ hours with two characters and I don’t feel even slightly bored. Both Nightmare and now Hell with my Barb feel nice and I want to continue with him at least to the end of Hell.