Quick quotes – The Last Guardian will “ship when it’s absolutely ready”

Friday, 15th June 2012 20:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

“I will not give you a detailed update, but I will say one thing and it goes back to innovation and to gamers and to quality. [The Last Guardian] is going to ship when it’s absolutely ready. It’s going to ship at sometime, and it’s going to ship when it’s ready. And I think that’s a really important thing to remember, is that it would be very easy to ship a game when it’s not quite ready because we need to meet a business plan. Gamers are first, and the experiences we provide are first. And that’s why we’re gonna talk about that game when we’re ready to talk about it.” – PlayStation software development head Scott Rohde to Gamespot.

1. Len

Keep believing Scott but we all know it’s never coming out is it.

/sob…

2. SlayerGT

@1 you have to think they’d have to pull the plug at some point :/ I pray not. If it’s possible I hope they take their time and sort it out. Either way im buying it. PS3′s white whale. I have to have it..but until its ready, I have plenty to play :)

3. Moonwalker1982

It would be such a shame if it doesn’t come out. You only have to watch the trailer to see that there’s alott heart in this game.

How many people from the team are still on it? Or all they all ‘new’ people?

4. speedxl01

I prefer to have a great finished experience, than something half cooked, I don’t care if I have to wait, (but please don’t be so long… hehehe)

For example Shadow of the Colossus was a really good and moving experience, one that I haven’t had with many games, I welcome this.

5. Giskard

@4 I prefer to have an experience than not have one.

This smells a lot like HL3 / Duke Nukem. Edging dangerously close…

6. OrbitMonkey

I really don’t know what’s taking this game so long. It’s CoD like in its simplicity.

You go from point A to point B, using a giant dog bird to solve puzzles and in the end it dies for emotional wallop.

What’s the issue?

7. Patrick Garratt

8. G1GAHURTZ

2019

9. Ireland Michael

“A delayed game is eventually good.
    A bad game is bad forever.”
    – Shigeru Miyamoto

They can take all the time they want as long as the final product is up to scratch. If they weren’t intent on finishing it, I don’t see why they would keep stating otherwise.

10. ManuOtaku

#9 I do agree, spot on
    But i got the feeling this will be a PS4 game nontheless, i hope iam wrong, because i want this game sooner rather than later, but i wouldnt mind this as a PS4 launch tittle, though.

11. loveaya

Bla bla bla, crap

12. Giskard

A delayed game CAN eventually be good. It’s no guarantee that it’ll be better just because it has been in development for X years.

13. Ireland Michael

@12 You’re arguing semantics. You understand the main point of the statement.

14. TD_Monstrous69

All I know is, if I don’t hear any new info on this (outside of it’s coming along, or progress is slow, or it’ll be out when it’s done) within the next 6 months, then I’ve lost hope for this.

15. Clupula

I imagine it will be the PS3′s swansong, probably out sometime during the early life of the PS4. Most likely the last big first party title for the system before Sony focuses on the PS4, fulltime. I’m totally fine with that, because I know if they take their time with it, it’s going to be as much of a masterpiece as Shadow of the Colossus and Ico were.

16. Dragon246

@15,
    Looks like that, probably something like god of war 2 which came on ps2 after ps3 released.

17. tenthousandgothsonacid

Ps4 launch title

18. Clupula

@16 – that’s exactly what I was thinking too.

19. Gheritt White

Agreed – if it wasn’t for Xmas 2012, then it’ll be a PS4 launch title.

20. TheBlackHole

There’s no way this will sell enough units to make back a six year dev cycle. It’s a colossal failure of product management. Sony should have stepped in a long time ago.

A shame.