GTTV goes behind closed doors with Dead Space 3

Friday, 15th June 2012 20:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

GTTV was given a behind-closed-doors demo of Dead Space 3 show at E3 last week. You can watch it below. Dead Space 3 is out in February 2013 on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. absolutezero

Remember that EA need 5 million people to buy this rubbish or the series is getting moth balled!

:D

2. Moonwalker1982

Rubbish….based on what exactly? Seriously, from what i’ve seen it looks damn awesome. And if they hold true to the promise that playing alone will give you a a real DS1 and DS2 experience and not like RE5 with that A.I. partner…that’s really good. And if the horror and gore elements stay in, why even complain at all?

3. absolutezero

It looks nothing like what made Dead Space 1 appeal to me.

2 was a lesser game, it lost its sense of place and purpose, it was a series of rooms with no real sense of being linked togethor. The Ishimura felt like a huge barren aggressive World to be in, the tramlines linked places that felt like they carried out what they were for.

Fighting a giant drill is stupid even if your alone or with some else. At least the other person would be able to laugh at it with you.

4. Wezzulus

Dead Space 2, while not as isolated as the first did not lose it sense of place and purpose at all. The Sprawl, which is a giant space station, was as well put together as the Ishimura. Difference is though that the Ishimura is a lot smaller and doesn’t have as much of a city vibe as the Sprawl did. Also Dead Space 2 is not a lesser game, it’s to me one of the better game sequels out there. Ofcourse we all have our opinions, but don’t act like it’s a fact.

It still looks like Dead Space to me, and I’m sure that next to this tiny bit that is shown, there will be more trademark stuff happening that the franchise is known for.

5. lkm

I didn’t like the demo at all, the snow and human enemy just not right but most of it is snow.

6. absolutezero

What was the school next to in Dead Space 2?

Where was the cathedral?

This is completely opinion of course.

Issac is wearing a suit which can survive being exposed to deep space. In Dead Space 3 he has a fur collar. Let that sink in.

7. Wezzulus

You’re right, he could do in the suits before and the Advanced suit he was wearing now, but sadly enough the Advanced suit got damaged, not much left of it. The snow suit could be a completely different kind of suit that can’t be used in deep space. But I don’t know, guess time will tell.
    I have faith in Visceral games though.

For the locations of the school and Cathedral I’ll come back to you when I replay Dead Space 2 again next week. Ha. :p