Rubin unsure as to why Bilson left THQ

Wednesday, 13th June 2012 08:00 GMT By Dave Oshry

There’s been a changing of the guard at THQ.  However, that doesn’t mean the new guard has any idea why the old guard is gone.

Speaking with Joystiq at E3 this past week, THQ’s newly named president and Naughty Dog co-founder Jason Rubin was asked about Danny Bilson.  Namely, if he knew why he was let go.  Rubin replied:

“I don’t think it’s a question for me.  I wasn’t here… I just know what I’ve inherited. And what I’ve inherited are some pretty darn good titles”

He went on to praise Bilson, stating that:

“If I look to Danny’s past, I don’t know what went wrong because I wasn’t here, but I can tell you some things went right. Because I can’t take any credit for Stick of TruthDarksiders ,Company of Heroes 2, or Metro. They’re here as I come in. Where we go in the future will be my responsiblity.”

And what a responsibility it will be.  The future is still uncertain for THQ, but with a strong showing at E3 and stock prices on the rise, here’s to hoping they can swim out of troubled waters.

1. Edo

They were doing so well that he just couldn’t take it anymore.

2. Christopher Jack

I liked Bilson, he got us gamers, he talked as if he were a fan himself, not some corporate suit trying to take our money. I’d truly hate to see THQ fall, but this is an awkward transition in the gaming industry & no one is safe if they do not adapt fast enough, the hardest part about this transition is knowing exactly what you’re adaption to & I think some of the research going on under his control, while brimming with potential (W40K MMO, F2P CoH), were just too risky & would have been a miracle to get any where unless executed perfectly, even then, nothing is guaranteed.

3. Dave Oshry

@1 XD

4. back_up

because wilson said bilson to quit

5. voxelman

Bilson will be missed Darksiders, Metro, Saint’s Row, InSane and Company of Heroes 2 will be his legacy. And what a legacy, some of Jason Rubin’s recent comments make me fear for Darksiders and Saint’s Row’s futures.

6. NeoSquall

Bilson quit because he knew that he couldn’t do anything good anymore while Farrell & co. were still in charge of THQ, doing nothing to save the company other than firing their own workers and creative talent.