Battlefield 3 double XP weekend lets you rack it up in Close Quarters

Wednesday, 13th June 2012 00:40 GMT By Dave Oshry

Still on the fence about BF3 premium?  Not sure if you want in early on the Close Quarters DLC?  Perhaps a little double XP will change your mind?Shack News reports that this weekend you can get Double XP across all BF3 servers.  It’ll start June 16 at 12:01 AM PDT and last until Sunday, June 17 at 11:59 PDT.

If you’re a PS3 player or a Battlefield 3: Premium member you will also get double XP in the new Close Quarters map pack – so there’s that as well.

1. Talkar

If i want hectic shooting in confined space, i’ll fire up CoD.
    I’ll wait until the armored warfare or whatever it is called is coming to consider premium membership :P

2. Yoshi

Same :) The teaser for the Armored Warfare one looked rather interesting with massive maps :D

3. Ireland Michael

@1 You haven’t actually played them, have you?

4. Dave Oshry

I’ve played Close Quarters and Armored Kill, they both feature very well designed maps. I went in on BF3 premium today, it’s not a bad deal. /2cents

5. freedoms_stain

Double XP does nothing for me, especially at weekends where I do very little gaming.

As for Close Quarters, I wasn’t interested based on the remit, and now I’ve seen some gameplay footage I’ve cooled further on the notion to a figure you can measure in single digits Kelvin.

It’s painfully clear Dice and random spawning systems just don’t splice, they couldn’t get it right in BC2 Squad Deathmatch, they couldn’t get it right in BF3 Squad or Team Deathmatch, and *amazement* it’s still shit in Conquest Domination.