Wii U hands-on videos: Luigi’s Mansion, Animal Crossing

Tuesday, 12th June 2012 16:34 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Sam Clay’s finally back on British soil after a gruelling week swanning round LA, so we now have video of last week’s E3. First up: play-tests of Nintendo Land’s Lugi’s Ghost Mansion and Animal Crossing Sweet Day on Wii U.

The two videos show play for the Nintendo Land “attraction” using both the Game Pad and standard Wii controller. Nintendo Land is designed as a showcase for the next generation Nintendo hardware, and features 12 small games. It’ll ship alongside the console later this year.

Wii U was shown in its final form at E3 last week.

1. ManuOtaku

Thats why i wanted, i mean that this game came bundle with the console, now the thing is it will have the same impact as wii sports had, thats another thing, i think it will fair good, but not that great, hope iam wrong, because this could be another system seller, if done right of course.

p.s so is real that luigis mansion 2 is also coming to the WiiU, is thast the case i will skip the 3ds version and get this one on WiiU, having said that thats pulling a vita but in reverse 8D, i think sony and nintendo just love each other they keep seeing what the other one does.

2. OlderGamer

Looks VERY good to me. This is exactly what I was thinking could be done with the controler. NintendoLand is going to be fun. And I bet it tours well this summer. Still worried about price, and I hope NintendoLand is packed in at launch.

3. Patrick Garratt

Nintendo Land’ll be bundled, I’m sure.

4. ManuOtaku

OG, the post is indicating that it will be coming packed with the console at launch, nice.

5. Moonwalker1982

Oh…..the Nintendoland Luigi’s Mansion…too bad.

6. DrDamn

Agree. Asymmetric gaming like this is where the controller shines. And with multiplayer sat in the same room – something which has been left behind too much this generation with online being favoured. Though for me this is very gamer oriented gameplay.

7. OlderGamer

“It’ll ship alongside the console later this year.”

Was why I was wondering. I would expect it to be in the box. I hope you guys are right. It really does look fun. I can see friends and family enjoying gameplay like that.

8. Patrick Garratt

I put that as I don’t know if it’ll be included or not. I don’t think they said in the conference, other than it’ll be a launch thing?

9. ManuOtaku

#9 bummer T_T, i did thought you were indicating that as a fact, well nevertheless i hope that is the case, they need another Wii sport kind of game, something that demostrates in a easy way the capabilities of the console and controller

10. OlderGamer

Yup, understood.

11. Kuwabara

why doesn’t nintendo just die. Long live the Glory days..