Epic boss: first Unreal Engine 4 game to ship in 2013

Monday, 11th June 2012 19:42 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Epic Games boss Mark Rein has given verbal confirmation that the first game running on its newly revealed Unreal Engine 4 will release in 2013.

The news was revealed during a video interview with Joystiq.

“For sure something next year, I just don’t know exactly when,” he said. ”Until we’re really clear on when the game is going to be finished, when the partner wants to put in the sand and market it, we don’t really have those kind of dates.”

Rein also explained how important it was for the new engine to have some showcase titles.

“It’s certainly important for us to have our flagship game. That’s the game for which we develop the engine. Gears of War was the game for which Unreal Engine 3 was developed, and so shipping that has a huge significance for licensees and for us. I think, for Unreal Engine 4, there’ll certainly be a couple of games.”

Epic demoed their new engine for the first time at E3.

Via, CVG.

1. Maximum Payne

Unless next gen consoles will be released in 2013,
    my bet is their PC title they are developing.

2. someguy2

@2 Fortnite?

3. Creteck

Epic said that they would make a PC exlusive, if im not wrong?

4. fearmonkey

Samaritan would make an awesome game, I would love to see that end up being a title. A fantasy title like the UE4 demo would be great though.

I do not understand why no one has created a fantasy FPS title this generation, like Raven’s Heretic or Starbreeze’s Enclave. No Descent type of title either, which is surprising that a dev hasn’t created one for XBLA/PSN.

A Heretic reboot would be a dream come true.

5. Erthazus

Yes, PC exclusive.

But i’m sure it’s F2P. Once that thing comes out i’m buying the latest shit on my PC. I just hope only for one thing. For UNREAL TOURNAMENT 4 PEACHES. Please. for sake, it’s been far too long.

they need to do it. They seriously need to launch it’s engine with Fantastic new UT and not that cheap UT 2003-2004 Rip Off that is called UT3