Deep Silver confirms that Dead Island: Riptide is a whole new game

Monday, 11th June 2012 01:37 GMT By Matt Williams

Quelling fears that Dead Island: Riptide will be a mere remake of the original game, developer Deep Silver has confirmed that Riptide will be a completely new experience.

The confirmation was made by Manager of Marketing and Public Relations Aubrey Norris when questioned whether the title would be a new game, or more akin to Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.

“It is a new game. Not a remake,” Norris stated.

Norris further confirmed that the $49.99 price tag found on online retailers for pre-order is correct, stating that “it’s the end of a console cycle- we think this price makes a lot more sense given that.”

Dead Island: Riptide was announced at E3 last week, with more information promised for later this Summer

Thanks, RipTen.

1. JimFear-666

the 1st dead island on pc was a terrible mess. Adding to the the verry poor custommer service from deep silver… Even after 3 email that i sent to deep silver about my problems, they never answer me.
    I will not buy this game since the people who did the 1st dead island are a bunch of incompetent and dont know how to make a game right. As we talk, im still unable to play with friends online and im not the only one… there is a lot of ppl with this problem but deep silver/techland decided to ignore it.

2. ejams

Yea I heard for PC it was kinda shit especially around release, but I picked it up around christmas for PS3 and a great majority of the issues were resolved. I had a ton of fun, will be picking this up. I wonder where they’ll be taking the game next (if anywhere new at all). Going to a big city would be especially good with this game cause the city part in the first one was a bundle of fun.

3. jedieagle

I played it on PC in january and the only bug i’ve got is I lost a few items after I loaded a game (i guess it did not save the previous day or something), otherwise it worked great :)

4. KAP

I think the main issue is your playing it on PC.

5. OwnedWhenStoned

I got this on PC and really enjoyed it. I only played single player though.

6. Edo

@1 Yep I absolutely agree,I actually didn’t finish the game because it almost burned my graphics card,true story.

7. NeoSquall

Picked this during the last Steam sale and I haven’t found any bug at all.
    My only (minor) issue is the lackluster checkpoint placements.

8. deathknightmatt

This game did suck on pc but try it on xbox 360 ps3 anything else its pretty boss