Here’s a list of games confirmed for Wii U

Friday, 8th June 2012 19:57 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Want a list of all the Wii U games heading your way? Good, because there’s one for you below, courtesy of Shacknews.

Games slated for a holiday release:

• Aban Hawkins & the 1,000 Spikes
  • Assassin’s Creed III
  • Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
  • Ben 10: Omniverse
  • Chasing Aurora
  • Cloudberry Kingdom
  • Darksiders II
  • Family Party: 30 Great Games (working title)
  • Jett Tailfin
  • Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
  • Sing (working)
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Sports Connection
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (working)
  • Trine 2: Director’s Cut
  • Wii U Panorama View (working)
  • Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
  • ZombiU

Games slated for the launch window (up to 4 months post console launch):

• Game & Wario (working title)
  • Pikmin 3
  • Project P-100 (working title)
  • Wii Fit U

Release window to be announced:

• Aliens: Colonial Marines
  • Rayman Legends

1. Gekidami

I’m seeing the words “holiday release” & “launch window”, but which ones are actually going to be ‘launch titles’?

2. Anders

Plenty of games that I want to play, but with the exception of New Super Mario Bros U, I can play all of them on my Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3.

3. ManuOtaku

I will be picking the following:

Game & Wario , Pikmin 3, Project P-100 , LEGO City: Undercover, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Rayman Legends, Scribblenauts Unlimited, ZombiU, Nintendo Land ( i hope it comes bundle with the WiiU sort of like Wii Sports game) ,New Super Mario Bros. U, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

4. Kabby

I will be picking the following:

5. ManuOtaku

#5 we are talking about the WiiU here, not the vita 8D

6. Karoxem

^^#5 – LMAO! sick burn..

7. fearmonkey

Terrible…. If you already own a PS3 or 360, the reasons to buy a Wii-u are slim.

I keep hoping Nintendo will release a true Super Mario 64 sequel, I loved that game.

8. OlderGamer

Manu, that was just damn funny! Sorry Kabby, but he turned that around on you lol. Well played Manu!

For the record, my WiiU game list is pretty much the same as yours Manu. I am also very much looking forward Aliens when that comes out.

I also wonder what type of digital games will be avalible? I know Nintendo has said that all of our VC games will transfer over. I am wondering how that will work?

Tbh, kind of thin, esp in most peoples eyes. I wonder how well PS360 ports will sell on Nintendos system. On one hand they are older games that have been out for awhile, but on the other hand I wonder if there is enough Nintendo Wii owners, picking up WiiU that haven’t yet played those ports? If the ports come with Tablet Suport, I know I would buy a couple here and there so long as I liked the game.

9. Dark

Meh ,This list is shit .. 85% to 90% of these games is available for ps3/x360

Can’t wait for the REAL next-gen from sony or MS.

10. Moonwalker1982

This is nothing special. Coming with Batman Armored Edition and Mass Effect 3, wtf are they thinking? I don’t think many people are waiting for that.

But i wouldn’t go expecting incredible new stuff from MS or Sony, they will release their new console eventually but dont go expecting many new IP’s or anything.

11. stretch215

Did anyone else think Lego city looked awesome? Granted, I’m a little old for legos, but I thought it looked really fun. Is it Wii U exclusively?

12. Pytox

@5 hahhahahah :D
    The only interesting for WiiU is Lego City, same as @11 :-)
    LEGO City: Undercover is exclusive for Wiiu & 3DS

13. poketrainer

@Dark

Actually 12 are going to be available on 360/PS3 at some point. 36 titles are listed.

So you’re wrong in saying 80% of the titles listed are coming to 360/PS3. It’s more like 30%

14. poketrainer

I’d also like to add that I hope the Wii U comes out as soon as possible. There are rumors of october but I don’t want to wait in lines like I did for the Wii so I guess I will have to pre order

15. Dragon246

@5,
    Vita launch lineup was better than this (In fact one of the best launch lineups ever, consisting few original games). Also some ports on vita are of games not available on handhelds till then. In contrast wiiu has almost all the titles in its catalog which are multiplatform and people with PS3/360 wont buy it.
    @13,
    How many of them are NOT multiplatform?

Also to add, there is a strong possibility that launch games on WiiU will look worse than their PS3/360 Counterparts simply because its a newer hardware and devs dont have much experience with it.

16. manamana

They can’t compete with PS360 in terms of core games. And I’m not shure, if that’s really what they intend to do with the WiiU. Its more like: finally their IPs in HD now. Having seen the latest engine demos and games like watch dogs and 1313, I really can’t wait to see what the new hardware from Sony and Microsoft can pull out.

And yes, its not about the graphics – tis about the gameplay. I know, but when the new consoles are out, bragging beautiful trailers, I will see the face of a gamer who turns on his WiiU for core games…

17. Christopher Jack

Come on Nintendo! I won’t be willing to give you guys a shot until you start showing me that you, yourself, are capable of delivering the kind of games I want. Third party exclusives for my kind of desires are becoming a rare sight, so I doubt you’ll be able convince anyone to consistently make them for you.

Everybody keeps harping on about how innovative you guys are, how your design crushes your competition, prove it by making some truly next gen games. Mario & Zelda are fine for those who grew up with them & of course the young ones, but what about the core audience you’ve seemingly neglected for decades? The very audience that opened the gate for Sega, Sony & MS to fill the void.

18. The_Red

You should add Injustice (DC fighting game) to that list. It’s been confirmed and has the Wii U logo.
    Of course that doesn’t mean Wii U GamePad is the suitable controller for a fighting game but still, there’s always the “Pro” one.

19. Da Man

FffffffffUUU

20. freedoms_stain

At last, Da Man has started saving time and effort by just typing shit noises instead of taking the time to verbally shit on everything.

21. OlderGamer

@Freedom lol +1

22. Da Man

I’ll take a shit sound over a wall of well, shit going on about artistic mediums and other srs bsns any day of the week.

Don’t forget your daily doze of FF doujinshi today, brah.

23. Da Man

I apologize, but that list of coming software is truly, well f all. I was just being as accessible as possible, old man. You can post another essay on how 25 y/o don’t play video games that require more than getting wasted on sofa while pressing a button.

24. Ireland Michael

@20 +1

There’s at least six games on that list that I really want to play. That’s enough for me.

25. Da Man

Btw, pun was intended.

To quote a certain guy, there’s two ways to present an argument: “the 1st way is the hard way, explaining your view in depth to get your point across, the 2nd way is to just punch whoever you’re arguing with in the face.
    … definitely a punch in the face, but does that make it any less meaningful?

Oh well. Glad you enjoyed it.

26. bo_7md

Zombie-U and Lego City seemed interesting, not enough for a day-1 buy though.

27. ManuOtaku

#15 at least 8 of those games are only available on WiiU, nine if i add WiiU fit, but knowing that this cant be considered a game, in some sense i will leave it at 8, i dont think vita at launch did had that many games that were only available on vita, but if they were iam not attacking the vita for the sake of it, if you can look at my previous posts, most of the time are critical but with some ideas that can be debated, most of the time i dont do that type of comments, the case here was that someone attacked my post, when in my eyes was uncalled for, then i attack his thats all, the reasons that can be said for one also apply to the other depending on the eye of the beholder, thats all really.