E3 2012 video: Ubi details Watch Dogs in LA

Wednesday, 6th June 2012 13:07 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sam Clay sits down with Ubisoft Montreal’s Dominic Guay to chat about the studio’s new IP – and the big surprise of E3 2012 – Watch Dogs.

It rounded off Ubisoft’s press conference on Monday to a massive applause. It was the top trending topic on Twitter minutes after the unveil. And it’s all being introduced at the tail-end of a hardware cycle.

This is Watch Dogs, Ubisoft Montreal’s brand new open-world third-person action IP. And it looks awesome.

Sam Clay caught up with the game’s producer Dominic Guay to get all the goss on the game that surprised everyone at E3. Get the interview and full E3 demo above.

Watch Dogs has no date yet – besides that it’ll “definitely not ship this year” – but it will come to PS3, 360 and PC. Sounds like next-gen will get in on the party too if you read between the lines at the end of the video.

1. Yoshi

A bit of feedback. When doing an interview like this when there’s a lot going on behind with crowds etc, ask the questions get him to answer then when you edit the footage, edit out the questions or put them in text somewhere as it’s rather hard to hear you speak over all the crowd.

2. Moonwalker1982

Damn, the protagonist is rather a cold guy man. He let’s all those cars full of innocents crash and some of them die, only to get to that bald guy? damn! :)

3. Edo

Thanks for this interview dude and as Yoshi said the only problem was that we can barely hear your questions.

4. Sam Clay

Sorry dudes about the quality of the interview. I’ve caught the E3 bug. I felt that I should just put the entire interview up.

5. Edo

@4 No biggie,I would kind of consider this to be an exclusive since I think you’re the first one that found out more about this potentially fantastic game :).

6. The_Red

Thanks, I agree with the suggestions with others but this way, it feels more like being there. God I want to lick Watch Dogs (The game, no the animals). Best thing out of E3 2012 along with Matt Stone and Trey Parker’s surprise show.

7. Edo

I am not sure about this blending in singleplayer mode and multiplayer mode,I mean does this mean that this is the only way to play this game or you can also play both of those modes separately…

8. fearmonkey

This game excites me, If this gets released for a next gen console, it would be a must buy for me.