Beyond: Two Souls gets 25 minutes of footage

Wednesday, 6th June 2012 11:28 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Somone on YouTube’s upped a 25 minute video of Quantic Dream’s Beyond: Two Souls from E3 through GameKyo.

The video, shot off-screen at E3, shows the train level teased in the game’s debut trailer earlier this week.

Give it a watch below. Expect this to be on top of many best of E3 by end of play this week. Impressions and a David Cage interview are coming soon.

Beyond, starring Ellen Page, launches next year for PS3.

Thanks, Gekidami.

1. Maxey

The train and forest parts are really well done but the swat scene in town plays out a little weird, the swat team just stands there doing nothing while that entity thing you control just ruins their whole shit and they don’t even react properly.

Still, it looks brilliant and seems to give you a bit more traditional gameplay mechanics than Heavy Rain.

2. Lord Gremlin

Gameplay is sort of too simplistic. That said, I though Heavy Rain was just old wang too.

3. The_Red

Can. Not. Wait.
    This looks a like a HUGE improvement over Heavy Rain which itself was pretty decent / great (Still divided about that game).

4. speedxl01

Wow I already love the game.. How they did that kind of graphics,, just amazing.

5. Phoenixblight

By axing the gameplay you can do a lot of things. I was hoping Quantum had learned their lesson with Heavy Rain and include more gameplay but I was wrong they are continuing with it. Well I am not paying 60$ for an interactive movie.

6. xino

the graphics is too much!

7. osric90

@5 Black Ops 2 is coming soon.

Anyway, the ghost thing and making everyone do what it wants… I don’t know… I would have loved something more human like Heavy Rain but, hell, it’s still a long way till this game is released so who knows and it becomes the new Heavy Rain and interactive drama exponent.

8. Phoenixblight

What does Black Ops 2 have to do with anything? I don’t play that franchise so I fail to see your point. Even if I did I am sure it offers more gameplay then Heavy Rain ever did with its multiplayer component.

9. fearmonkey

Very impressive game, I don’t own a PS3 but this makes me want one to play this game.

10. AJacks92

Games like these are exactly what this industry needs. No rhyme intended. But in all seriousness, gameplay could use some work no doubt. But that’s not what Quantic Dream is all about. They want to tell a story. Not give the player an amazing gaming experience. There’s nothing wrong with that. Same goes with the MGS series. Game play could use some work, but that’s not what Hideo Kojima was looking for. An amazing mp experience. He, like Quantic Dream, are just trying to tell a story. The story -not the game- looks enticing! GJ Quantic Dream for being different

11. Phoenixblight

@10 THats where the interactive movie part comes in. I just don’t think its worth 60$ especially since Heavy Rain was 6 hours. I can buy 3 movies for half the price.

12. speedxl01

@11 I think it’s worth it, the kind of experience offered in this game is unique, and to me it’s like fresh air between the lot of FPS.

I loved Heavy Rain.