Tomb Raider demo shown at MS E3 presser, first DLC to hit 360

Monday, 4th June 2012 18:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A demo for Tomb Raider was shown by Crystal Dynamics during the MS presser today, confirming the first piece of DLC as a timed 360 exclusive.

It takes place later in the game, and showed Lara shooting men with a bow before a gunfight broke out. It then went on to show Lara starting a massive explosion after shooting a bow on fire towards an exposed tanker.

It also showed her trying to escape falling down a waterfall, grabbing a parachute just in time and sailing through the river canyon in the forest. Surely she broke a rib or two. Doesn’t look like it though.

DLC will be available first on Xbox 360 when the game is released. A video of the stage demo is posted below along with some screenshots.

Tomb Raider launches on March 5, 2013.

1. Edo

“Surely she broke a rib or two. Doesn’t look like it though” :) .

2. The_Red

Best gameplay demo: Tomb Raider. There. Done. Sold.
    Halo 4 is a close second though. Halo 4, South Park RPG, Tomb Raider and Ascend were the best games overall.

3. roadkill

Nice! I love the atmosphere. Graphics are not bad. Her hair (and it’s physics) don’t look real enough yet. Alice in Madness Return had awesome hair. Sound and voice acting are top notch. Aaand of course they had to ruin everything with the awesome announcement of day 1 paid DLC. Oh how much we love to be f**ked in the a**. Well, maybe some people love that but I don’t.

4. loveaya

I’ve hoped that TR could keep its adventure spirit. But it seems i’ll be disppointed, this is an Uncharted-like shooting crap game.

5. Hellhound30x

I think I’m in love…

6. anik_lc

EPIC. Game of the ******* 2013 year. :D

7. Gadzooks!

I don’t want Uncharted, that shit got old fast. I want Tomb Raider back. Stick to tombs, climbing and puzzles! Leave TPS to Epic because they know how to work it.