Ubisoft announces Splinter Cell: Blacklist, out spring 2013

Monday, 4th June 2012 17:42 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Splinter Cell: Blacklist was shown during the MS Press conference, after rumored of the game appeared last week.

Ubisoft’s Alex Parizeau and Max Beland took to the stage to demonstrate the game, which focuses on the escalating attacks on the US. Gameplay will feature an evolved from of mark and execute evolved from Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Kinect functionality was also shown. Ubisoft announced last year all Clancy games in future would use Kinect, beginning with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

It will contain a single-player campaign as well as spices vs merchs gameplay.

Blacklist is the “most ambitious Splinter Cell yet,” out spring 2013.

Gameplay demo is below as well as some screenshots and the official E3 trailer is below courtesy of Gematsu.

1. Edo

More like Splinter Cell:Future Soldier from what I have seen.

2. KillerDD

And of course we all noticed the absence of Ironside’s voice! D=

3. doa766

LOL MULTIPLATFORM

4. absolutezero

They tired having Splinter Cell in shining daylight before in Double Agent. It never worked then either.

5. Kona

More like Splinter Cell: Drake’s Deception

6. Da Man

^Nah, more like Drake’s Deception:Tomb Raider.

c wut i did there.

7. Kona

You mean the new tomb raider ironically looks like Uncharted? yup

8. Da Man

No I mean the sticky jumpy climby whack a mole tps.

The new TR is an open world survival horror. Admittedly, the shtty qtes do remind me of that pos, I’ll give you that.

9. triggerhappy

Anyone concerned about Sam’s voice should watch this:

… although im still concerned, definitely not a day one purchase for me anymore. Makes me quite sad actually.

10. Gheritt White

No Ironside? Aw. They should’ve rebooted it and set it in the 80s with retro tech.

11. YoungZer0

Fucking yawn. Seriously. Conviction was the first Splinter Cell game that had an interesting story and now this? What is this anyway? A sequel? Because i saw Sam jumping and running like he is 15 and the new voice definitely sounds a lot younger.

12. roadkill

OK I’ve changed my opinion. I think it looks and sounds pretty good. :))