Dead Space 3 out February 2013, trailer and co-op demo released

Monday, 4th June 2012 21:07 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

EA announced during its EA press conference this evening drop in co-op for Dead Space 3, after a gameplay trailer was shown.

The axing of competitive multiplayer was announced over the weekend via an article features in the July issue of Game Informer.

A demo was shown, demonstrating the co-op and cover-based combat in action as Issac and John Carver fought off some of the new Necromorphs which will appear in the game. Big ones too which can suck the duo in and try and digest them. Yuck.

Games’ out in February 2013. See the trailer followed by the demo below as well as some concept art.

1. Night Hunter

What have they done to Dead Space?

2. Pytox

it looks too much action :(

3. Edo

“Hey dude what’ya doin?”
    “I’m playin me some Gears maan”
    “Whaaat,Gears is like sooo yesterday…that it’s the day before yesterday”
    “What?”
    “Nothin’,I mean there’s dis new bitchin’ game dat we can play together and stuff called Dad’s Space”
    “Dad’s Space!?For Reelz?Bring it on dude!!!”
    “Braaah!!”
    “Duuude!!!”

4. Dark

it is no longer survival horror .. it is an action horror ;)

5. Se_7_eN

They ruined Dead Space…

6. YoungZer0

Wait what? Are you telling me Dead Space was a horror game?

7. Phoenixblight

Dead Space was never survival horror it was always action horror much like James Camerons’s ALiens vs Ridley Scott’s Alien.

I was a bit skeptical but from what I saw it looked damn good graphically (Yay, no more space) along with gameplay. I will definitely get this.

8. Moonwalker1982

No i can’t hate on this, i was ready to cuss this to hell for the co-op feature. But i’m actually digging what i saw there, co-op looks to be a great addition.

9. absolutezero

No Space. In Dead SPACE.

10. Gekidami

It looks ok, but when i saw Issac do that roll and take cover, i couldnt help but cringe. The roll really seems unnecessary, unless they’re trained in combat (and Issac isnt to my knowledge), that just isnt something a person would do. It turns Issac the mechanic into Issac the space marine.

11. Blerk

Jaw-droppingly awful, this. It’s like they read my mind and produced pretty much exactly what I didn’t want from a Dead Space sequel.

12. Gigabomber

While I am a big fan of cursing, I feel bad that it really looks like the dialogue was written by gears fans and the cover mechanic did feel REALLY out of place. Also, no mining weapons.

13. manamana

And there goes another IP down the sewer….

14. Hellhound30x

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! E.A. YOU CAN HAVE MY MONEY FOR THIS ONE! DEAD SPACE 3 FTW!

15. mojo

dead planet looks realy boring.
    teh last and really last thing i wanted to see in a dead “space” game are guys shooting at me.
    lame and generic.
    astonishing how far an ip can walk away from its original concept just 2 games later..
    count me out.

16. Sporkofdeath999

@All previous comments: Stop whining about how you think the game might be ruined and wait for it to come out and play it!!! They made a separate multiplayer so people could kill necros with their friends, but had a single player mode so people could have the loneliness and horror of the original game. I don’t know about you, but I was getting pretty bored of walking down corridors and backing myself into a corner like a pussy. Now with wide open spaces, theres less room to cover your back and more likely that a necro will jump out from behind and try to kill you. So dont criticize the game so soon.

17. manamana

^ Are you with EA trying to defend a title on core sites?