Gears of War: Judgment – rumored details, first shots

Saturday, 2nd June 2012 13:40 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The July issue of Game Informer is no longer blacked out, and some rumored story details have been revealed as well.

According to unconfirmed reports, the game will focus on Baird and the Kilo Squad, the Coalition of Ordered Governments army infantry squad – Cole and Garron Sofia are part of the team.

The members have been accused of equipment and instrument theft, which could result in millions of lives lost, and are therefore being tried for treason.

The prequel depicts E-Day – 14 years before the first Gears of War – and will reportedly focus on the evolving relationship between the heroes through the series during the Locust War.

The game will also reportedly feature a young Marcus Fenix before being tossed in jail desertion.

Gears of War: Judgement is being worked on by People Can Fly, and more information is expected at E3 as well in the July issue of Game Informer, which will feature two covers: one focusing on Damon Baird and Augustus “Cole Train” Cole, gracing the other. Have a look at both covers below.

Thanks, Xboxygen.

1. The_Red

I actually preferred the dark / shadow version of the cover. It was simpler and more classy. This one is just Braid / Cole posing. Of course that’s the problem with most posters and cover arts. Not many great and meaningful ones. Just Fenix posing with his arms and chainsaw or very big close-up of Kratos’ eye.

2. Maximum Payne

Left side of image remind me of God of War 2 :D

3. Patrick Garratt

We’ve got a few story details going in in a second. It is a prequel, seemingly.

4. Ireland Michael

That image just looks… bad. Not good art at all.

5. Phoenixblight

Looks great and the fact that People can Fly are working on it makes me interested in this game.

6. polygem

7. Ireland Michael

@6 You might want to read the forum thread.

I just think the artwork is bad.

I love the shit out of Bulletstorm, so I can only hope some of that talent makes it way into this game. It depends entirely on how much they’ve switched things up, and if the gameplay has been expanded on in any significant fashion.

Nice stealth edit.

8. Da Man

Bulletstorm was awful. Poor gameplay, poor visuals and poor humor.

If I wanted to play the role of a refrigerator who likes to swear like a sailor, and tastelessly at that, there was the Rogue Warrior.. Come to think about it, Rogue Warrior was funny, this one wasn’t.

polygem, pay no attention. This is o’connor we’re talking about here. He thinks he’s smart and funny. (And good looking.). He also thinks he’s into journalism. Key word being thinks =(

9. Ireland Michael

“If I wanted to play the role of a refrigerator who likes to swear like a sailor, and tastelessly at that, there was Gears of War.”

Fixxed.

10. Zana

Gears of War always featured very poor art and character design. When will they finally do something about it?

11. Ireland Michael

@10 The art has always been solid, even if its not my personal taste. The Damon Baird picture just looks awkward though.

It stands out really poorly from the rest of the image… though that could probably be blamed more on the piss-poor editing skills of whoever made the cover, since its mostly just a cobbled together hodgepodge of official art assets.

The Cole one is a bit better. I’m surprised they didn’t go with that one as the main reveal.

12. G1GAHURTZ

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

13. Da Man

The art has always been solid, even if I have no idea what I’m talking about

Fixxed.

14. Ireland Michael

@12 Obviously.

15. AHA-Lambda

I’m surprised at just how little I care about a new Gears game =/

Part of that may be blowback from the idea of a new game so soon after just “finishing the fight” again. MS is pretty good at that old bait and switch -_-

16. ChaosSmurf

“Bulletstorm was awful. Poor gameplay, poor visuals and poor humor.”

This is as wrong as it is possible to be.

17. Ali Hayas

Bulletstorm was suckish. I hated it and hated GameRadar for misleading me (worst site ever). The graphics were bland I couldn’t believe that the studio was owned by Epic’s.