Compared to last year, Konami’s pre-E3 presser was not that exciting. Doesn’t mean there was still news this morning from the publisher though, with a date for Metal Gear Rising, the debut of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and more. Get the lot below.
- Before the presser, GTTV aired a shorter version of the Metal Gear Rising E3 gameplay trailer. The end of the video confirmed a early 2013 launch for the Platinum action title. An extended version aired during the presser.
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 was finally announced as a thing during the GTTV E3 special. MercurySteam is working on the game solo this time after collaborating with Kojima Productions on LoS1. It’s coming to PS3 and 360, but no date was given.
- After the presser began with Konami’s social output, it moved straight onto Pro Evolution Soccer 2013. Team PES talked about it would improve on last year’s game. A demo was confirmed, but that’s as much shock as the sun coming out every morning. Real Madrid cover boy Cristiano Ronaldo also made an appearance, speaking in his native of Portugese. PES 2013 launches this autumn.
- Then the big boys started rolling out, beginning with Zone of the Enders HD Collection. The first proper HD gameplay was shown, followed by a tease of the new anime intro to Zone of the Enders 1. It’s out this autumn for PS3 and 360. A Vita version will follow afterwards.
- Metal Gear was next. Kojima reflected upon 25 years of the series, but it was fleeting. He touched upon the upcoming release of the MGS HD Collection on Vita in the US and briefly chatted about the Fox Engine, but said he wasn’t allowed to mention anymore on it.
- Following Rising’s extended trailer, Mega 64 came back after last year to debut a skit featuring Raiden looking for a job. It was dropped at the end of the video that a pre-launch demo for Rising would come with the ZoE HD Collection. The demo will launch outside the pack on PSN and XBL later this year.
- After Lords of Shadow 2 was shown near the end of the presser, Konami aired a teaser for 3DS title Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate. More information has been promised for next Tuesday, June 5.
And that’s all she wrote folks. Now the real fun begins on Monday.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.