Sony announces Sports Champions 2 for autumn release

Thursday, 31st May 2012 14:08 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s announced Sports Champions 2, coming again from Zindagi Games and Sony San Diego.

The sequel will include fan favorites such as single-play Cup Play, Free Play mode, Arcade Challenge rounds and more.

A new Party Mode has also been included in the game. Players can play matches through any number of events, such as Challenge Rounds, and tally up the score by the time its done.

SC2 has also removed three-point Move calibration, meaning players will now have to use a new avatar system to let everyone play.

Debut trailer is below the break, via the US PS Blog. Game’s out this autumn for PlayStation 3. The original Sports Champions launched in September 2010 as a Move launch title.

1. moargamezpleeze

Announcing another game pre e3? I assume with all the the ps3 game announcements in recent months,sony will be focusing on vita and that rumoured cloud service.

2. Erthazus

Another game? You mean showelvare for casual gamers?

E3 is not for them, so. There is nothing bad or wrong about this announcement. Game is crap anyway

3. DrDamn

Still remains one of the best Move titles. Casual Erthazus? Clearly not played it for any length of time. Some found it not casual enough.

It used the precision of the Move fantastically well to produce a core gaming experience. Proper positioning of the bat in table tennis for example – none of this gesture recognition crap. The combat in the gladiator event was fantastic too. Sounds like the structural changes will make for a much better party game too.

4. mojo

Table Tennis was tremendous..
    wasnt sweating so much in the last 10 years. easily..
    and beating it on the last level was far from casual.

5. speedxl01

I liked a lot Bocce Ball, and I still play it with friends, it’s great.

6. Erthazus

Core is Diablo III, Sports Champions is not core no matter what Move waggle precision there is. Period.

7. DrDamn

And not for the first or last time Erthazus you are wrong. Do you define it as casual because of the control method? The appeal of the game? The subject matter? What makes it casual?

8. Erthazus

@7, “Do you define it as casual because of the control method? The appeal of the game? The subject matter? What makes it casual?”

Because first of all the First game is just full of small mini tech demos that should be free from the start and they all have zero challenge or depth compared to other sports games. SC 2 won’t be different.
    I played “sports champions” at my local shop full of Sony TV’s with Move’s and it was a horrible experience. Since then i never touched PS Move. Waste of time and money.

Sports champions is just a Wii Sports Rip Off with HD visuals and nothing more. Game is advertised for Casual people and you can see that in that trailer.

I don’t like this stuff and have no time spending on something bad as this. I like spending time in my Diablo III in Inferno where is depth, builds, great gameplay, a lot of challenge and my friends.

9. DrDamn

I did say it wouldn’t be the last time you’d be wrong. So full of wrongness I don’t know where to begin. You’ve made your mind up based on playing in a shop – that says it all really.

10. Erthazus

“I did say it wouldn’t be the last time you’d be wrong. So full of wrongness I don’t know where to begin.”

You did say that i’m wrong without any argument, so no. You can GTFO really, because i’m not wrong. That is my opinion and opinion of my friends. If you don’t agree with me, that’s fine. Go and enjoy Wii Rip Off with better precision and think that it is made for core audience or whatever.

“You’ve made your mind up based on playing in a shop – that says it all really.”

So you say that demo versions for games are worthless? Sorry, it is enough to judge a product with the demo for me. Sports champions is crap and metacritic, sales shows it and that’s My opinion.

You can disagree with metacritic and sales though and say that they are wrong. GL with that.

11. DrDamn

Well if you base your arguments on a demo in a shop there isn’t much point is there?

It’s a core gaming experience because the precision is used well to give you proper control – not just flapping and gesture recognition. For example your bat in table tennis is positioned where you hold it. Want to hit it early then move forward, to the right then move there. Want to just block it – that’s possible too, hold the bat still. Nuance and depth is something you can’t pick up by playing a game in a shop. The same applies to Bocce, the gladiator game, frisbee golf, archery.

Did you even check meta critic or sales before you posted btw? Probably just looked at the MC score. Try reading some of the review summaries – even the lower scores. What did it sell btw?

12. Erthazus

Precision does not make it automatically a core game. Lol. It is just a motion controller “control scheme” and nothing more.

Software aka Sports champions does not provide more then games like FIFA and so on.

this game is for grannies and family. Trailer proves that or you are going to say that i’m wrong on that too? Lawl. :)

13. DrDamn

What were those sales figures again? You don’t know them or found them to be a lot

Read the reviews – you were the one who bought them up. Opinions of people who have played the game for more than a demo in the shop. They complain about lack of character but lots talk about depth in the gameplay. I don’t think you know what depth or casual actually mean in terms of game, not gamer.