Rumour: Ubisoft to unveil Splinter Cell: Blacklist at E3

Thursday, 31st May 2012 09:54 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft’s set to announce Splinter Cell: Blacklist at E3 next week, according to a post on GAF.

Blacklist, which is all but likely to be the first fully-fledged title from Jade Raymond’s Ubisoft Toronto studio, is set to take place after the events of 2010′s Conviction, according to the GAF post.

It’ll supposedly come to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U next January.

Sam Fisher will not be rocking the grey-haired look he had in Conviction, apparently, with the poster saying he’s “looking good as always with no grey hair,” adding he’s in his “full body suit, and his mighty night goggles.”

The story will centre around enemies that Sam has targeted on a list called Blacklist.

A limited edition is also being prepped, apparently.

Via IGN.

1. Pytox

yea a new splinter cell is in the works that for sure

2. StolenGlory

Sign me the fuck up on the proviso that it has decent local co-op play.

Me and my friend have had many drunken evenings playing through Conviction’s Deniable Ops before a night out. Great fun indeed :)

3. Erthazus

I don’t care really. Last Splinter Cell was a mess and Uncharted Rip Off.

Bring back Old School Scplinter Cell Games, then we will talk.

4. Johnny Cullen

Fucking. Loved. Conviction.

I want me some of that sweet Conviction sequel pie!

5. Pytox

I want splinter cell again like pandora tomorrow & chaos theory … conviction was more of fast paced action game

6. The_Red

Pretty much all Tom Clancy games have completely abandoned their original roots and gameplay. Just compare modern Ghost Recon Future Soldier or Rainbow Six Vegas to super tactical, super awesome first few games.

7. YoungZer0

Hell yeah. I hope the coop is just as well integrated as in Conviction. Loved it.

8. Colin Gallacher

@2 @4 Agreed. Conviction was, while not a traditional ‘Splinter Cell game’, really good fun. Just adapting to the times.

9. Yoshi

I hope the PC co-op is again so fucked up it’s near impossible to join a friend… yay *facepalm* :P I did enjoy the game but not being able to do the co-op was frustrating.

10. YoungZer0

@9: The pirates are the only ones who could play it online.

11. AHA-Lambda

Conviction was fun, but come on is it really too much to get a sequel to chaos theory? :(

12. Erthazus

@8, “Just adapting to the times.”

times of corridor TP shooter fests with health regeneration and dumb but cinematic AI?

Come on.

13. tatjanakgb

hope to see some kind of Pandora tomorrow style love that game

14. ultramega

Regardless of what you say, it was a very well presented and polished game. I was very interested in the story, which isn’t how things normally go with a Splinter Cell game.

I can’t wait for the next one. Day one purchase, for sure.