Diablo III patch 1.0.2 hits, US servers back online

Wednesday, 30th May 2012 01:03 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Blizzard has corrected an issue with Diablo III’s servers in the wake of the first client patch’s release today.

The authentication issue was flagged by the Blizzard customer service Twitter as well as on the forum; both have since confirmed the servers are back online, but noted that high demand is choking log-ins.

“We’re aware that many players are receiving Error 37 when logging into the game. Please note that this error indicates that all servers are full, and that we’re currently receiving a high volume of login traffic. We’re working to reduce the frequency at which players are prompted with this error message and ensure that everyone can successfully log in to the game and play.”

Despite the reassurance, the European servers are currently offline.

It’s unclear whether the issue was related to today’s release of the very first full patch for the game.

The patch contains another nerf for the (apparently overpowered) Monk class, as well as several bug fixes and a slew of updates for the auction house. See the full notes here.

1. HauntaVirus

ffs

2. OlderGamer

lol

3. DSB

I don’t think there’s anything “apparently overpowered” about the Monk. It’s pretty much become my main at this point.

It’s just jumping into the biggest pack you can find, clicking 4-5 times, and they’re all dead. The difference between that and the Demon Hunter was pretty shocking.

The DPS is wild enough, but the constant self-healing that you get with passives and abilities just makes you totally unstoppable.

4. TheWulf

Anyone else notice that the monk is a poorly balanced knock-off of the original Guild Wars W/Mo?

I’m amused by that.

But I feel kind of bad for all those people who can’t play the single player game they paid for just because Blizzard decides to shut down their servers. It does mean that I feel more and more confident in my choice of TL2 all the time, but it doesn’t mean that I don’t feel bad for them. To waste $60 on this lemon must sting.

5. Sini

in before some retard whines about tl2 in diablo threa.. nope too late

6. Ireland Michael

Hahahahaha! Oh Blizz…

7. Patrick Garratt

I’m getting error 3003 now. Haven’t been able to play it since early yesterday evening.

8. Patrick Garratt

Now error 33. “Battle.net is down for maintenance.”

9. Talkar

@7 It is because the servers are down

10. Patrick Garratt

So it is. Cheers.

11. Patrick Garratt

Brenna’s corrected the story.

12. silkvg247

“Witch Doctors should no longer receive an error if they kill a Shadow Clone with a Damage-Over-Time (DoT) skill after it’s launched a Firebomb but before it’s reached its target”

I think the tester that managed to repeat / discover the replication of this one deserves a medal!

13. Telepathic.Geometry

@Sini: Why is he a retard? He’s just stating his opinion.

14. viralshag

@4, I don’t think enough people played GW to know or care tbh. I also think most people that had enough money to “waste” on D3 will most likely be buying TL2 and have the best of both worlds without trying to justify why they will buy/or think one is better than the other.

15. silkvg247

I’ll be getting both, never understood the comparisons. Who cares.

16. Llewelyn_MT

Not having bought Diablo III and waiting for my preordered Torchlight II that has offline multiplayer option is sort of amusing.

Blizzard, you’re doing it wrong. Very wrong. I hope your retarded idea dies with this game.

I really feel for the poor people who spent their money on this abominable gaming service. That’s even though it’s been said countless number of times that the DRM will kill the game.

17. NeoSquall

Damn I’m losing all the Wammo fun of the Monk before they nerf it to hell :(
    too busy enjoyming my Barbarian – blood, blood everywhere.

18. viralshag

@17, Nah the monk is still rocking. I’m struggling with mine at 56 on hell at the moment. Feel like I might have hit my limit so I’m thinking I’m going to switch over to a demon hunter or wizard for some ranged fun.