Every man you fight dies: Far Cry 3 E3 teaser hits

Tuesday, 29th May 2012 17:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Ubisoft has released a teaser trailer for the Far Cry 3 trailer it will be showing at E3 next Monday, June 4. The full trailer will be viewable through a live-stream of Ubisoft’s press conference on YouTube, which starts 3.00pm PDT/6.00pm EDT/11.00pm UK. Far Cry 3 is out in September for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. Pytox

meh

2. Maxey

Ubisoft must really want to win some sort of swearing award with this game.

3. OrbitMonkey

^ I know right? All that excessive bad language really lowers the tone, when I’m shooting the shit out of hundreds of bad guys.

4. Maxey

#3

I don’t know if you were being sarcastic, but I mostly mean when they make characters whose only personality trait is to say fuck or shit every time they open their mouths. It gets old fast.

Guerrilla Games lowered the amount of cussing in Killzone 3 because of that and Bulletstorm suffered a bit because of it too, IMO.

Now, I like cussing in videogames but when it’s overused for its own sake, it can get a little grating.

5. Ireland Michael

@2 It’s called “appealing to your target audience”.

6. DSB

I don’t know. Growing up in the 90′s, we were always looking for more cussing, more nudity and more violence. Running With Scissors were gods among men.

It’s not really as impressive today, but I say let them eat cake.

I think it’s part of gaming dogma. I think it’s a lot worse when games try to be intelligent or insightful when they really have no idea how. That’s how you end up with Homefront.

7. Maximum Payne

Little bit to harsh on Far Cry 3 ? At least is trying to have some story in FPS unlike others…

8. Maxey

I’m only talking about the Vaas character but I guess it’s justified in that he’s batshit insane.

9. Ireland Michael

@7 How is the story in this any less dull and derivative than any number of other action movies released in the past two decades?

10. Edo

@9 So you have played the game already?Lucky you.

11. Ireland Michael

@10 I don’t need to play it to see how derivative it is.

It’s just the same old rehashed revenge, death, murder bullshit plot as the last one. The lead character is your typical dull white trash and the villains are all vaguely foreign nutjobs. It’s all been done a hundred times before.

You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to see that. The acting is bad and the characters look utterly generic to boot.

12. Fin

Some us actually like to play games instead of judging them solely on a fucking video.

13. albo88

its day 1 for me no question

14. Ireland Michael

@12 So do I, but when the video is utterly derivative and uninspired, it doesn’t tend to bond particularly well for the game itself.

Hey, the game could totally end up surprising me and being the most insightful, well told story of all time, with deep characterisation and meaningful subtext. Who knows?

Not gonna hold my breath though.

15. lkm

i think its a fanboy made. i don’t think ubisoft so stupid to use idea from other games trailer (yeah its taken from the dead space 2 teaser trailer)

16. YoungZer0

@11: I swear, you’re on the same level as those DmC haters right now. Calm down. Give it a chance. We still haven’t seen enough to judge the game.

17. Ireland Michael

@16 Ironic assessment, considering I’m looking forward to the DmC remake.

18. YoungZer0

@17: I know you do and i know you dislike the people who dismiss it for stupid reasons, i’m just saying you aren’t presenting yourself in a better light if you write dismissive comments like these.

19. Ireland Michael

@18 The derivative sets of the content speaks for itself.