CDP announcing new IP tomorrow, first teaser image

Tuesday, 29th May 2012 15:17 GMT By Johnny Cullen

CD Projekt will announce its brand new IP tomorrow at its summer press conference, not The Witcher 1 for consoles as reported this morning, the company has told Eurogamer.

in a statement, CDP head of marketing Michał Platkow-Gilewski said it would have Witcher-related surprises for late 2012 and 2013, but insisted tomorrow’s announcement had nothing to do with a console version of The Witcher 1.

Instead, it’ll unveil the second IP the company advertised for in recent job listings a few weeks back.

“We are gearing up for our upcoming conference and we have encountered some speculations concerning what we will be announcing,” said Gilewski.

“We would like to share some light about what will happen tomorrow. In regard to the Witcher, we are planning some surprises for the second half of the year and for the next year, but during the conference we will sum-up The Witcher and Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition also, we will give a bunch of new information. To make it really clear – we will not be announcing Witcher 1 for consoles.

“The major announcement on the conference tomorrow is related to the gun icon on cdpred.com career page. We will give you the first bit of information about our second AAA RPG in development. We have some really exciting news to share, so make sure join us at 5PM GMT on our live-stream: facebook.com/thewitcher.”

The firm has also released the first teaser image of the title in question. It’s posted below in full.

1. Erthazus

Excited. A lot.

2. Edo

Could this be the rumored sci-fi RPG(something similar to Mass Effect series)?I certainly can’t wait to see what are they making next…

3. Moonwalker1982

Didn’t they reveal not so long ago that it would be a third person shooter actually? A space RPG from them though…jesus dude that would rule.

4. DSB

It’s the guns project. There will be guns. Either that or the gun was a red herring.

5. The_Red

Now this is something to get excited about. New IP from CD Project. This better be their next big game and not some crappy facebook title.

6. Moonwalker1982

But i hope RPG is in there too, it can’t just be a shooter and thats it, it cant :(

7. Sadismek

I’ve got so much faith in these guys, I think they proved that they treat their customers right. I mean, who updates your game nowadays for free, with no hidden costs or that kind of bullshit? I bet this game will be special, I know I can’t wait for that press conference. Either way, they have my forever appreciation.

8. Moonwalker1982

Their mindstate about DLC is awesome. I actually got Witcher 1 for PC for free, when i had participated in trying to win The Witcher 2, but i lost. As a thank you present they sent a code for Witcher 1, how awesome?

I just checked out some older VG247 articles on this, and it could be that dark fantasy RPG too, or else the shooter RPG :D

9. Maxey

Could be that game.

10. hives

Awesome! I was hoping that they will announce totally new IP. Witcher is very, very cool, but second one just came out… This will be something new, can’t wait. I love how CDP RED handle moral choices and overall atmosphere of their titles.

Hope it will be modern-day RPG a’la Alpha Protocol.

11. Moonwalker1982

Could be, but according to Wiki it’s a first person shooter, while the job listins spoke of a shooter rpg.

12. Phoenixblight

THe game was barely in pre-alpha so things can easily change from FPS to FPS with RPG elements.

13. endgame

Can’t wait for tomorrow. It’s going to be epic! :))

14. Stephany Nunneley

First teaser image released. It’s been added.

15. Edo

Cyberpunk setting?Why not…

16. Erthazus

Cyberpunk? Oh yeah :D

17. Moonwalker1982

Awesome!! definitely excited!!!!!

It would have been great to see a game with a similar setting to The Witcher, but this is actually even better. Something totally new, and i have alotta faith in this developer. Now i just hope one thing…that it’s not PC only. But i think The Witcher 2 did great on 360, so it will probably be for 360 (maybe PS3) too.

18. Neuromancer

Nice! Can’t wait to see it.

19. Maximum Payne

”They” defiantly .

20. Stephany Nunneley

@19 Exactly what I was thinking!

21. Edo

@19 I don’t think it’s “They” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t-6qHFn3K8 . …unless they kept the name and changed everything else.

22. Lewis247

After hearing and seeing so much praise at the witcher series I’m actually so happy at this just from the teaser image… Mmmmmm, I love me some sci-fi!

23. Kabby

It’s either The Watcher. A Cyberpunk RPG.

OR they’re re-imagining Dragonball.

24. The Last Nomad

I was excited about this before but the image is making me much more excited.