Gearbox: “More modern tech” allows Wii U Colonial Marines to be better visually

Friday, 25th May 2012 10:40 GMT By Alex Donaldson

Gearbox’s Brian Burleson has told Eurogamer that the Wii U version of Aliens: Colonial Marines will visually “be better” than its Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 counterparts.

Asked why the Wii U version will be better with the machine all but confirmed to only run at a slight power boost over the current generation, Burleson cited “more modern tech” in Nintendo’s new console. He wouldn’t be drawn on how exactly it would be the best version when EG questioned him further.

“You’ll have to wait and see,” Burleson offered. “Just trust me on that one.”

While the Wii U tablet controler is confirmed to perform like the iconic Aliens motion tracker in-game, other as-yet unannounced features are on the table for the unique controller.

“You can imagine some cool features, for sure,” Burleson said. “It’s not hard to imagine some cool features.” SEGA PR prevented him from elaborating further.

We’ll know more at E3. Colonial Marines is due out on February 12th 2013.

1. Noodlemanny

I would care more about this if it weren’t coming out next year. And if I actually cared about what it looked like visually.
    And anyway I’d take a controller rather than a slab over graphics any day of the week. Although who knows maybe the slab will turn out to be better… lol.

2. OlderGamer

About time the system got some good press.

Pretty sure this will be a game I am picking up.

3. Da Man

So pretty much a Dreamcast without everything that made Dreamcast good and/or innovative.

Oh well.

4. ManuOtaku

#3 i think the Wii U is two dreamcast taped togehter so at least it will be twice as good as a dreamcast, is the logical evolution from two gamecube taped together, dont you think, and seeing this trend,i mean taping two consoles together which made the winner of a generation, for the next one i will tape 2 ps3 or 2 360, i havent decide it yet, patent it and then beat them all in the upcoming next gen, HAAA BRILLIANT….

On a Serious note, i will be picking this game on the Wii U, based on this info, it seems it will be the best of the three iterations, i tend to pick the games at their best iteration possible regardless of the console.

5. Gekidami

Funnily enough going off trailers, the game looks pretty crappy no matter the system.

6. poketrainer

I was hoping they’d change the name of the console, but it looks like they’re sticking with Wii U

Looking forward to Aliens pretty much just for all this Wii U stuff, sounds really cool on the new controller

7. Christopher Jack

I’d be willing to consider picking up a Wii U if Nintendo themselves are willing to dip into the core games. Metroid’s the closest they’ve ever gone & I’d still shove it into the kiddy pile. I actually did consider getting an original Wii at an early point, glad that I didn’t, had more fun playing GTA: SA on PS2 than Wii Play/Sports/All that other Wii crap on my mates console.