Mass Effect 3 Operation Shieldwall adds Banshees to everything

Thursday, 24th May 2012 02:53 GMT By Brenna Hillier

During the last Mass Effect 3 multiplayer event, players were charged with taking down 3 million banshees. They failed. And now there are banshees everywhere.

As detailed on the BioWare Blog, this weekend’s Operation Shieldwall debuts a new “special circumstance”:

“Due to the failure of Operation SILENCER, more banshees will spawn with Reaper enemies and might also spawn with other enemies.”

I don’t know whether to be excited or terrified.

The operation’s overall goal is to promote 50,000 characters, which will reward all participants with a Victory Pack including a high chance at a rare weapon.

There’s also a squad goal to promote three characters, which will give your whole crew a Commendation Pack.

The operation kicks off on Friday, May 25 at 6:00PM PT until Sunday, May 27 at 5:00PM PT.

The operation is available to all three platforms, although you’ll have to make sure you’ve got “upload gameplay feedback” switched on. PlayStation 3 players won’t see a screen announcing the special event but BioWare was quick to reassure users that it’s a known issue and won’t effect rewards or participation.

Do try to pass this one, comrades – there’s some suggestion that a planned surprise DLC expansion was yanked after we failed to take down the blue scourge. Don’t you want to play as a Vorcha? I do. KEEEEL YOUUU.

Thanks, GameInformer.

1. Mythor

Excited AND scared. Should be a lot of fun!

2. Dimaco

Ehm, I am kinda new to the game, so I hope nobody’s gonna feel offended: what does it actually mean we need to ‘promote 50k characters’? Like getting them to 20th level or what?
    Thanks for the help, see you on the battlefield!

3. Aimless

@2 Promoting is like Prestiging in CoD: when a class reaches level 20 you can reset it back to 1, earning some war assets in singleplayer and an extra 10 N7 levels — which have no real function, as far as I know — for multiplayer.

4. Llewelyn_MT

@2: Yes, you get a character class up to lvl 20 and reset it to lvl 1 (saving all earned customization options). All it does for multiplayer is make you grind more to make up for it. Fun, huh?

Boooring Op. I might promote one character for the hack of it as I wanted to reset skills anyway. When you think of it phantoms and banshees at the same time sounds kinda scary.

However it’s the delayed 2x XP weekend on the PC, so see you on the Battlefield. ;)

5. Dimaco

Thanks for the info… Yup banshees are kinda scary, for real! Guess I’ll give it a try… that Victory Pack sounds juicy!

6. endgame

:) This is like a warning. It’s what happens when you fail to meet an operation’s objectives. F**k up and we’ll throw more at you next time. :)) Anyway, it should be fun. My Diablo 3 friends are already bored and are returning to Mass Effect 3. \o/ It was expected. A 60 euros game only that you can finish in 15 hours. :( Thk f**k I didn’t waste my money on that c**p.