First Lost Planet 3 gameplay footage is very Dead Spacey

Wednesday, 23rd May 2012 11:04 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Capcom Germany’s released the first gameplay footage of Lost Planet 3, showing a similar look akin to Dead Space.

The video features nearly five minutes worth of footage that includes third-person gameplay and first-person mech footage that also shows the main character drill a couple of aliens. Look at that orange gore go.

German journalists also pop up on the video in-between gameplay segments to give their thoughts on the game.

Get the footage up top. Lost Planet 3, coming from Spark Unlimited, launches on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC early next year.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Moonwalker1982

That does look like Dead Space, but not like a straight clone. It looks damn good too, wow.

2. AJacks92

I don’t understand the German language, but I heard “survival horror” and even “Dead Spacey” itself lol

3. freedoms_stain

I don’t speak German, but I did recognise the phrase “Dead Space” a whole heck of a lot.

I mean, if you told someone that this was alpha DS3 footage with a placeholder for Isaac, they’d probably believe you.

Also, camera is over the wrong shoulder, that looked so wrong to me.

4. Moonwalker1982

Dead Space 3 will supposedly take place on a ice planet, and its planned to release before march 2013. When both games come out, you have to very similar looking games, i bet. Lol.

5. Dark

Gears of Space Planet.

6. YoungZer0

@5: I’m sorry, but what? I haven’t seen any cover-mechanics.

Everybody is very happy with the game, the atmosphere especially seems to be something they really like. One of them mentioned how satisfying it is to use the Mech, how you can feel the weight and all that.

7. Moonwalker1982

@ 6

Sounds really good, i never got around to buy the first one though. And the second one, i just never decided to get it. The demo was alright but the things i heard from people, it didn’t make me wanna get it. This one looks like quite the change though, when is it coming out?

8. StolenGlory

I just can’t believe that it’s Spark Unlimited behind it.

Really for it to be that good? Mind fucking blown.

9. absolutezero

I really really liked how over the top and silly the previous two games were, re-entering the atmosphere in a mech shooting asteroids out in the second one, the entire last battle in the first one. They just felt like pure throw-backs to the more light-hearted PS2 era.

Now its all serious and gritty and Dead Spacey, so Dead Spacey that if DS3 is actually set on an ice planet then they need to fucking sue. I was heartened by the news that the team at Spark working on this had no involvement with either Legendary or Turning Point though. So it might very well be a compentant game just one thats ever so slightly creatively bankrupt.

10. StolenGlory

Oh, it’s a different team? Well thank fuck for THAT.

Heart = Heartened.

11. Bloodyghost

I love the idea, a more Survival Horror outlook. Color me skeptical but I am interested and gonna follow the game from now on.

Spark Unlimited needs this to be good to save there rep.