DMC launching Jan 15 in EU, US; PC version announced

Tuesday, 22nd May 2012 00:12 GMT By Johnny Cullen

DMC will launch on January 15 in Europe and the US, Capcom has confirmed

The publisher has also announced a PC version is in development, coming “later in 2013″.

Ninja Theory’s reboot of the series had never been given a proper date until now since its controversial reveal at Tokyo Game Show nearly two years ago.

Capcom’s announced the game’s voicework will be localised into English, French, German, Spanish and Italian, with subs translated into Polish, Dutch, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese.

DMC will be at E3 in two weeks time as part of Capcom’s line-up for the show.

1. voxelman

So DMC will be coming to PC but Dragon’s Dogma isn’t? Bull, the one game that would be perfect for PC they don’t bring over. Oh well at least the people complaining about DMC being 30fps have an option to play it at 60fps…

2. Fin

In b4 people start bitching about Dante.

3. YoungZer0

Makes me a sad Panda, i was hoping it would be released this year.

Damn it.

Fine.

Whatever, i just hope its enough time for them to really polish the game, before they release it.

But this is another great example of why 2012 could still fail as ‘The gaming year’. Bioshock Infinite, Prey 2, Metro Last Light. A lot of really good games pushed into 2013 and now DmC. :/

I wish they just wouldn’t bother with the PC release to be honest. Never was a franchise that should be on that platform. As voxelman said, Dragon’s Dogma should’ve been on PC instead. I fear they are wasting their good time optimizing it for the PC, instead of polishing it up for the consoles.

btw. I don’t even want to think what a german Dante would sound like.

4. Sini

sweet, unlike all the fucking emo idiots crying over the change in series, I think the vids released so far look great and am happy this will be on pc, dmc4 pc port was outstanding

5. loki

Capcom idiots .
    This game not intresting for me anymore
    Capcom makes more PC ports and trash games

6. pinwei

Despite it being high summer, fashion followers have already started styling their wardrobes for winter 2011. As moda autono inverno, i.e. hogan uomothe winter fashion collections of this year have been predicted to be carrying strong undertones of seventies in clothing. Let’s find out how the trend will be in scarpe.

7. mehdidante

what the hell everyone ? i love capcom because of this . just look at my name . even though they destroyed Dante in previous game and i dont have good feeling about this one ( the naked trailer :-w ) i cant wait to play as Dante again .

8. absolutezero

Please stop telling me to stop complaining because you’ve bought into the entire reboot idea and I have not.

Please just stop. Stop. STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP.

9. OrbitMonkey

Are people that scared of Blops2/Halo4, that their quickly clearing any games from releasing near those two?

10. MadFingerz

Meh, hope the european version contains Japanese voicework and english subtitles.

Also hope that there’ll be a demo before release. You just can’t tell how good combat feels by watching vids.

11. YoungZer0

@10: Japanese Voicework? DMC never had japanese voicework.

12. MadFingerz

But it should have! ^^
    Well ok, when I wrote that I was thinking of Dante’s Japanese voice but I was obviously remembering the one from the anime. Anyway, I don’t really mind enlgish voiceworking but more often than not they make characters sound cheesy. Besides, Japanese just sounds awesome.

13. Da Man

They should include iap vo’s so that I could listen to some crappy overplayed dialogue here and there without understanding a word.

14. KrazyKraut

And 2015: Final Fantasy XVI developed by Obsidian.

15. YoungZer0

@14: That would be amazing.