Gearbox details Borderlands 2 collectors editions

Thursday, 17th May 2012 13:20 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Gearbox has today detailed the upcoming Ultimate Loot limited edition and Deluxe Vault Hunter collector’s edition for Borderlands 2.

The Deluxe Vault Hunter’s Collector’s Edition will come with a Marcus Kincaid bobblehead; Inside the Vault: The Art & Design of Borderlands 2 hardbound book; collectable sticker set; map of Pandora; digital comic download code; and bonus downloadable in-game digital content for £64.99/$99.99.

The Ultimate Loot LE will come feature the items from the DVH collector’s edition, plus a collectable scaled replica of the red loot chests found throughout Pandora in Borderlands 2; steelbook case; Creatures of Pandora wide-format ID chart; lithograph postcard set; field notes from Sir Hammerlock; cloth map of Pandora; and a numbered certificate of authenticity. It’ll be £75 on PC and £100 on PS3 and 360. It will run you $149.99 in the US.

There’s pictures of both editions below Borderlands 2 launches in the US on September 18 and September 20 in Europe for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. AHA-Lambda

“collectable sticker set”

Fucking stickers! YEEAAHHH!! :D

2. freedoms_stain

Statue of Lilith and sold.

P.S. Steam better be a participating retailer who gets the Mechromancer.

3. Night Hunter

‘£99.99 on Xbox 360/PS3 or £74.99 on PC’

srsly? That’s 33% more. £25 fucking pounds.

Sometimes I really envy you PC guys …

4. El_MUERkO

Indeed, they can keep the gubbins, give me the game and don’t short me a class Gearbox!

5. silkvg247

Nice.. but.. on the UK page the shiny editions don’t seem to exist.

6. freedoms_stain

@3, that’s what Microsoft/Sony take.

7. El_MUERkO

@ #3, there’s only £10 difference between the standard versions of the game on Amazon.co.uk which makes it even weirder.

8. Night Hunter

@6: No it’s not. Normally the difference is about £10, which makes this so weird

9. silkvg247

Where did you get the UK prices anyway, I can’t see them for preorder on any UK site.

10. endgame

@3 You don’t have to envy us. Just get a PC.

edit: Anyway these versions are hawt! :))

11. The_Red

LOOOVE the box art for Hunter Edition. Nice update of original Borderlands box. Also, can’t wait for this.

12. freedoms_stain

Are they doing a Digital Deluxe version? I don’t really want physical tat tbh.

13. TheWulf

I’m horribly tempted by the ultimate loot edition simply because I don’t have a container that looks like it’s cell-shaded in my life right now. :|

I most likely won’t, but still, their whimsy is commendable.

14. DSB

Now that’s the kind of collectors edition I might be interested in.

It doesn’t just have to be junk, it has to be interesting junk.

15. Night Hunter

@10: Well, I would have to buy a lot of games to actually get something out of it. I really don’t care about the graphics so I would have to buy about 80 games (if you say that a gamer PC costs 800 bucks (€, that is)). I really don’t play that much (about 10-12 games a year I’d say) so for me it would be kinda stupid to buy a PC.

16. ManuOtaku

Seeing this collectors editions, makes me wish that physical releases never cease to exits, i know digital distribution is the future, but i hope somehow they can co-exist together, just for this reason alone, this will be the first in years iam considering in actually getting, nice work guys.