Diablo III Error 37 strikes again, awesome bonus level discovered

Thursday, 17th May 2012 03:35 GMT By Brenna Hillier

While you wait to get into Diablo III, check out the magical Whimsyland.

After a few hours in which it was possible to use Twitter without hearing about Diablo III, the game’s servers are once more experiencing difficulties, with the notorious Error 37 back in the limelight.

Visit the game’s server status page to see how your territory is coping; at time of writing, Europe is getting the worst of it, with the US back on track after intermittent downtime.

Those users lucky enough to make it in have reported quite a number of issues. One which is drawing particular ire is the apparent loss of achievements, although responses in a Blizzard forum thread on the matter suggest the servers may just be playing catch up; the developer noted that the achievements server is getting hammered.

Fans have reacted to the ongoing issues by smashing the game’s user review score on Metacritic – even though they could be doing something more productive.

However, assuming your experience goes as planned, you can check out Whimsyshire, the cheerful, colourful secret level in the fine traditions of the franchise’s history (and myths). To get in, you need to craft a staff, using a black mushroom from the Cathedral Level 1, Act 1; the Shinbon in Leoric’s Manor, Act 1; the Liquid Rainbow in the Mysterious Cave in the Mysterious Chest in the Oasis, Act 2; the Wirts Bell sold by a merchants in the city, Act 2; the Gibbering Gemstone from Chiltara in the Caverns of Frost, Act 3; and plans from Izual, Act 4.

It’s a lot of random drops and spawns, so you can always just watch the following video.

Thanks, CVG, IGN, Shack.

1. Ireland Michael

Are there any cows In this secret level?

2. shogoz

diablo 3 is for pussies that live in mommys basement

3. Erthazus

I finished the game and i have only Gibbering Gemstone from Chiltara

I know that you can purchase Wirts Bell from one girl for 100000 but that’s it.

I need to find this stuff.

4. Gekidami

Yep, thats a secret level alright.

5. The_Red

While this is one of the WORST launches for a non-MMO (Or an online singleplayer), the whole thing will be forgotten soon (The scandal, not the actual game which is rather great) and more publisher will go this stupid and annoying route to hurt legit PC consumers even more.

Seriously, that crazy special level alone is tempting me to get this game but then I remember the disgusting situation surrounding the always on-line thing and just want to forget about it.

6. endgame

“they could be doing something more productive.”? What! So first you cry out that Ubisoft is evil because of the DRM that they’re using, which is exactly the type of DRM that Blizzard is using. And when Diablo 3 comes out, a game that you all love.. suddenly DRM is awesome!! So you are hypocrites, OK, w/e.. but you are trying to hide it by saying that this is not a single-player game and that people should not fight this kind of DRM. Ha! Taking down the metacritic score is the least that gamers should do. Anyway.. to vg247′s staff and community I say. Real nice! You guys and girls are outstanding! You sure know how to stand up for your believes.

7. silkvg247

In all honesty I don’t mind the always online thing, I just wish they’d make it more forgiving.

* Make it stable ffs
    * Get rid of lag ffs
    * Make the timeout period non existant for single player because sorry but if I want to pause for an hour to cook/eat then so be it. I shouldn’t have to find a checkpoint and log out etc.

.. then it’d be fine.

See I actually like the benefits of being online, like achievements (once they work) and being able to chat to my bnet friends. Also being able to join their games to trade is cool and the auction house is kinda growing on me, though it takes away from the fun of loot hunting in the game so I try not to frequent it too much.