Sons of Anarchy game happening on consoles, not as “some slapcrap browser MP thing,” says creator

Thursday, 10th May 2012 09:33 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The Sons of Anarchy game that’s previously been mooted will happen on consoles and not as a browser game, the show’s creator Kurt Sutter has confirmed.

Speaking on Twitter, Sutter said talks had taken place, as it had been previously, with a “big” publisher.

“SOA game update. Had a great meeting with a big distributor yesterday. myself and everyone at FX and Fox is committed to making this happen,” he said in a tweet.

He added: “We definitely wanna do a real game. Console based. Not some slapcrap browser MP thing. It’ll take awhile, but it’s the right way to go.”

Sutter had previously entertained the idea of going down the browser route. Not anymore, seemingly.

Thanks, GameSpot.

1. The_Red

“Not some slapcrap browser MP thing. It’ll take awhile, but it’s the right way to go.”

I haven’t watched a single episode of this series and yet after reading that sentence, have a lot of respect for the show creator. I know, that’s not sound logic but any attack on crappy social / browser games that are plaguing gaming world is welcome in my book.

2. The Last Nomad

@ The_Red Every time he says something my respect goes up for him. He’s never said anything I don’t agree with 100%.
    And he makes the best show on earth.

3. StolenGlory

Completely and yep, it is pretty much the best show on earth.

Love the tragic character he plays in the show too.

4. The_Red

I remember hearing positive things about him around the time AMC was doing stupid things with its shows.

5. Night Hunter

‘Gotta check this series one day but I don’t think anything can be best show on earth except for The Wire.’

Agreed. Well, except for Oz maybe …

@Sons of Anarchy: Well, at least in my book it is not even the best Show on FX. It’s good but Justified, anyone? Kurt Sutter is great though and as someone mentioned Otto Delaney, yeah, he definitely is a great character.

6. YoungZer0

@4: Not a chance this series will touch the Wire. It takes even more time to get started. At the end of Season 1 it gets interesting. Not a bad show, but i lost interest around the third Season.

@5: Never saw Oz, is it that good? Love me some Justified.

7. The_Red

Never got into Oz. I probably should return to it one day.

The Wire is the best series I’ve seen, period.
    Gotta start Justified. Loved Deadwood :)

8. StolenGlory

Justified is superb, then again, so is Homeland :)

9. Maximum Payne

The Shield was also on FX again one of the best show ever.
    They also wanted Breaking Bad but they sold it to AMC.
    @8 I wouldn’t call Homeland superb but I hope it will become in second season :D