First Soul Sacrifice trailer shows how to rip your spine out, use it as a sword

Thursday, 10th May 2012 09:05 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s officially lifted the veil off Soul Sacrifice, giving the game its first official trailer following a Famitsu blowout yesterday. The game, being made as a collaboration between Studio Japan, Marvelous and ex-Capcom dev boss Keiji Inafune, is set to arrive this winter in Japan for Vita. Want to see a monster rip his spine out and use it as a sword. Get watching below the break.

1. The_Red

Studio Japan + Inafune + Marvelous = Spine rippingly AWESOME! Also, this is really, really effed up. Can’t wait.

2. KAP

Hmmm.. has anyone seen Night Watch, the dude from that awesome film did the same thing… It just looked cooler.

3. Goffee

Someone’s been reading a lot of Clive Barker, no bad thing though!

4. The_Red

Didn’t they say it’s a late Summer release? Here it says Winter. Also, LOVE the last scene after the name reveal.

Which part? I saw both films a and don’t think they had self spine ripping for swords. Of course that was a loooong time ago and I might have forgotten.

5. WFMMK

I think you missed “trailer” in your title Johnny.

6. Johnny Cullen

No I didn’t. *shifty*

7. Monk

More information about the game :

8. Lord Gremlin

I’m getting Demon’s Souls vibe from it… Remember – Demon’s Souls was created by conjoined efforts of From Software and Sony Japan. Then From Software moved on and made multiplatform Dark Souls on their own, and now we’ll see Sony Japan vision..
    Deep inside I think I’m glad i have a Vita.

9. KAP

Remember the end of film with the bad guy?

10. Erthazus

Trailer is weak, but i’m interested in the game.

11. Da Man

Right up your alley, erzatard.

12. The_Red

True. While I do get a bit of Dark Souls vibe from the trailer, it feels closer Demon’s Souls. If this is in any way a spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls, it will instantly become my most anticipated game of 2011. Seriously, Dark Souls was decent but ages behind Demon’s Souls in most aspects.

Bad memory :(
    The only image I can remember is the end of 2nd film.

13. The_Red

Thanks for the link. Love this part:

“composers from games such as Chrono Trigger and Xenogears and producers from Dark Cloud and Demon’s Souls”
    Dark Could and Demon’s Souls!? Seriously!? I was already super excited about it but now…

14. Erthazus

@7,

“composers from games such as Chrono Trigger and Xenogears and producers from Dark Cloud and Demon’s Souls.”

Woah. Composers from these games are fantastic.

My only issue is that there won’t be a lot of RPG aspects in the game. 4 player co-op? Interesting.

Sony is very confident in this game, but i’m not sure that this is a mass marketing appeal. But whatever.

15. schnide

FAO Johnny Cullen – for ‘Below the break’ see also, ‘After the jump’:

It’s equivalent to you writing something like “Want to know what I’m going to say next? Read all about it in the next paragraph..”

16. absolutezero

Really reminds me of God Eater. Alot.

17. YoungZer0

Needs more filter.

18. Erthazus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=48iH1rJpDs8 – Gameplay video #1 (CAM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VJLto7Iay0Y – Gameplay video #2 (CAM)

Animations are great. Ps Vita Power FTW.