Razer refreshes Naga MMO mouse for 2012

Wednesday, 9th May 2012 10:17 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Razer’s announced a refresh of the Naga MMO mouse. The 2012 version will come with a redesigned anti-slip, fingerprint-fighting finish, three interchangeable side panels and a re-optimised button placement. It’s out now in the US and EU, with the rest of the world to follow in Q2.

Thanks, Engadget.

1. GrimRita

i will take a look at this. Naga is an excellent mouse. Loved the keyboard(but now have a Steelseries stealth).

2. viralshag

@Grim, Have you used one of these (new or old)? I’m tempted to invest in this mouse but I really want to know how accessible those 12 buttons are on the side.

I imagine keys 10-12 and possibly 7-9 would be a little fidgety? Anyone with experience of using one – I would appreciate the feedback! Thanks!

3. frosteternal

@viralshag, I can answer that. I have one and I can assure you that, if you play mmos or rpgs or… well, basically any game will work with naga so, you will be happy you bought it. I am :)
    But anyways about the buttons on the side, the 1, 4, 7 and 10 are the easiest to get to, 2, 5, 8 and 11 are sort of alright to reach and the top ones require a bit of getting used to. But after a while they just start to feel right, granted the last 3 are always a tad hard to reach.
    Hope this helps :D

PS: Might wanna go for the new ones. They look nice and with a load of shiny stuff.

4. viralshag

@frosteternal, Thanks for that! I checked out their site and hardware, plus read some reviews.

I actually decided to go with the Naga Hex as that looks like it would fit my style of play with a mouse much better. I felt like the Naga would be far too busy with that many buttons but the Hex looks like it would fit my needs perfectly.

5. frosteternal

@viralshag, No problem! Long live Razer and their neet products. (wouldn’t mind a few price drops tho :P)