Riot Games has $3 million to give away during the League of Legends Season Two World Championships.
The grand final will take place on October 13 at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, in a 250,000 square foot arena.
Twelve teams will be chosen to compete in the World Championships from regional events to be held over the next few months:
- Mainland China: July 26 – Shanghai, China at China Joy – two teams
- Europe: August 16 – Cologne, Germany at Gamescom – three teams
- North America: August 31 – Seattle, United States at PAX Prime – three teams
- Korea: September 21 – Seoul, Korea at the OGN eSports Stadium – two teams
- Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau: September 22 – Taipei, Taiwan at G1 – one team
- Southeast Asia: September – Singapore at Garena Carnival – one team
Over $1 million has already been awarded to Season Two players so far, with a total of $5 million expected to be won including the Championships tally.