Final Diablo III class reveal trailer shows off the Wizard

Tuesday, 1st May 2012 03:06 GMT By Brenna Hillier

A series of Diablo III class reveal trailers winds up with the Wizard.

The trailer’s releases suggests we’ll shortly see the Wizard fully detailed on the Heroes Rise mini-site, so keep your eyes peeled.

Check out earlier entries: the Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk and Witch Doctor.

Diablo III is due on May 15.

Thanks, EvilAvatar.

1. HauntaVirus

WICKED!

2. Patrick Garratt

Awesome. Still sticking with the witch doctor.

3. viralshag

I’m still looking at the Barbarian or the Monk for me but the Barbarian is definitely the front runner at the moment. It plays so brutal and the leap+cleave is just devastating.

4. Nerorevox

But… this is old news… O.o

5. Erthazus

We should battle each other with VG247 community :D

6. Gekidami

I feel sorry for Blizzard. Do they even know this game is going to bomb? Surely they’re aware that PC gamers hate always-online DRM and because they totally arent at all hypocrites, they’ll boycott this game.

Right guys. …Guys?

7. freedoms_stain

That looked pretty awesome actually.

Made me go check prices :p

8. DSB

Wizard or Monk for me. Maybe Witch Doctor if everybody doesn’t jump on that, but they will!

9. Gheritt White

Monk or Wizard; Wizard or Monk… I just don’t know which to choose!

10. Telepathic.Geometry

Let me help you out there buddy. The answer is monk.

11. GwynbleiddiuM

@Pat We should for a Witch Doctor disco squad, so tribally wicked, MUHAHAHAHA.

@DSB Monk was also very great IMO haven’t palyed as much as you did but still felt more fun than I thought it’d be.

12. Erthazus

Monk is amazing but i hate his look, so Wizard for me for sure.

Then it’s going to be Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor.

13. OlderGamer

After a slow start on the beta with Wizzard, it has turned into my class of choice.

So its Wizzard for me too. Then DH and WD.

14. Maximum Payne

@12 Yea he looked so blend and quirky

15. themadjock

Female Wizard for me first then Barb then WD, Monk and finally DH. That way I am alternating spell and melee characters.

@6 take your DRM blinkers off for a second and think what the alternative would be in a game where there is a Real money trading system. Hacks, lawsuits and an even more broken game. Sure we would all like to be able to play the game when offline but even using a mifi dongle which I did by accident the beta ran without me noticing I wasn’t on my home broadband. Plus the online requirement makes the co-op side so easy to jump into a game with friends or randoms. I hope that me, viralshag and Oldergamer can get a game on along with my real world friend who plays Diablo 3 as well.

Any others from Vg247 are also welcome! Ten days to go and I have 16-17 off work, sad yes but I don’t care it’s going to be fun!

16. DSB

@14 I was about to go like “WTF?” and then I was like “Oh I see, that’s a pun”.

There’s more Serj Tankian in there than Tony Shalhoub :P

@15 I don’t think that’s a very good explanation. I think you can expect more of Blizzard than you can of most companies, and it really wouldn’t be beyond their ability to create an offline version of the game that people can play without having to worry about DRM, or real money storefronts, without also compromising the online portion.

Obviously you shouldn’t be allowed to trade offline items, but it wouldn’t be that hard to implement.

I don’t mind DRM as long as it provides me with a good service, and I don’t know of any developer who tries harder when it comes to servers and reliability, so it’s not a dealbreaker for me, I know it’s gonna work, but I still think they are delivering less than what they could on that end.

That being said, I’m totally up for joining that party. I’m leaving for four days on the 17th (I really should’ve planned that better) but I’m gonna make the most of those two days :)