Bigpoint is pleased as punch with Battlestar Galactica Online, and to celebrate the MMO’s birthday, has a number of pressies on offer.
All players who log in before May 6 will receive a number of free in-game items and bonuses. The daily merit limit will be lifted, and several special offers will be available in the game’s stores.
Bigpoint has plenty to celebrate, as the MMO has pulled in nearly 10 million players over its brief lifespan.
“We are thrilled with the tremendous growth of BSGO and how the game has performed over the past year,” CEO Heiko Hubertz said.
“BSGO is a breakthrough title that has empowered us to change perceptions of the kind of gaming experience that can be delivered through a web browser. We’re excited to move forward with this momentum, celebrate our achievements, and reward all of our players in the community who helped us get to this point.”
Speaking of achievements, Bigpoint took a moment to share some neat statistics:
- Within a year, 9.2 Million mining ships have been called.
- Within a year, 11.5 Billion loot items have been dropped.
- Monthly, 3.7 Million Rewards are earned.
- Monthly, players buy 16,000 new ships.
- Weekly, 55,000 players participate in PvP tournaments.
- Weekly, an average of one million player ships are destroyed; nearly 50-50 ratio Human and Cylon.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.