The latest nVidia graphics card has an even bigger number than the last one, which makes it at least twice as fancy.
The GTX 690 has some big shoes to fill, but nVidia claims the new card’s performance is “almost identical” to two GTX 680′s harnessed in SLI – but quieter, cooler and more energy efficient, as the heat and noise of two Kepler GPUs in one card is minimised by evaporative heat sinks and specially designed fans.
Check our nVidia’s specifications below, and visit the company’s announcement for graphs and comparison shots showing how it stacks up against the GTX 680.
- GeForce GTX 690 Specifications
- CUDA Cores – 3072
- Base Clock – 915 MHz
- Boost Clock – 1019 MHz
- Memory Configuration – 4GB / 512-bit GDDR5
- Memory Speed – 6.0 Gbps
- Power Connectors – 8-pin + 8-pin
- TDP – 300W
- Outputs – 3x DL-DVI, Mini-DisplayPort 1.2
- Bus Interface – PCI Express 3.0